Ike Davis Jokes Away Yankees’ ‘Funny Guy’ Feliciano

NEW YORK (WFAN) — It all started this weekend when Yankees general manager said ailing reliever Pedro Feliciano was “abused” by the Mets the last few years.

It escalated after Mets pitching coach Dan Warthen responded: “That was part of the reason we decided to not re-sign him … because we knew we had used him 270-some times in the last three years.”

Feliciano wasn’t too happy with Warthen, later saying, “I’ll show him in the Subway Series.”

“I will come back from this injury and I’ll be telling him that I feel there’s a lot of Feliciano to go … when I strike out Ike Davis and I jump on the mound.” he said.

Davis didn’t seem to mind his name being thrown into the mix.

After he caught wind of it on Tuesday, Davis joked, “I mean, I did strike out how many times last year (138)? It’s not that tough a feat.”

He added, “His job is to come in and strike me out. But I’m going to make him not strike me out. Feliciano is a pretty funny guy, so what are you going to do?”

Warthen declined to comment on Tuesday.

Who has the upper hand in this Tri-State war of words? Sound off in the comments below…

Comments

1. fghfdgdf says:

Wonderful.

Share a website with you ,

Believe you will love it
    uiouyiuj

2. MetopolitanFan says:

Cashman has to keep his mouth shut.. and it seems that Pedro didnt understand what Warthan was saying. However, Ike can hit lefties pretty well, so be careful what you wish for.

1. MetropolitanFansSuck says:

yeah, he also strikes out a ton, and no, he can’t hit lefties, just look at his stats, where did you get your information from? pure guessing & wishful thinking. You’re not too bright are you?

3. Andre Fin (existentialist) says:

The Yankees win

Why?

Because if the Mets were the USA and the Yankees were Luxembourg, and the two got into a war. We’d all be speaking French.

1. METS FAN 53 says:

r u an idiot or just act like one?

4. brooklyn4ever says:

He’s getting paid no matter where he pitches. I remember him getting on the mound and throwing 1 pitch and not having to work again for 5 days. Now that’s a job I coud live with no matter where or whom I was with.

5. Master Shake says:

I’m sure Feliciano will be too tired to pitch by the time the subway series rolls around.

6. Moral Truth says:

Yankee GM Cashen is trying to say that the Mets are releasing all Spanish players and thats the moral truth

1. doclatt says:

thats just a dumb ass stupid reply

2. Dominick Mezzapesa says:

He wasn’t released you moron? he was a free agent who signed with the Yankees. Try actually getting some information before opening your moth and proving your an idiot

7. Jerry says:

Is not Warthen’s comments an admission of over use?
    He pitched a lot of innings, that is why we did not re-sign him.
    Not a bright guy.

8. METS FAN 53 says:

tHEY ARE both funny in their own ways. I love the Mets and still love Feliciano; Please dont’ let this Subway Series get as bad as the Rivalry between the Phillies and the Mets….it should be fun….Let’s see if Ike strikes out and let’s see if Pedro will jump up and down….NOW THAT…………..WILL BE FUNNY LOL

9. Will Hernandez says:

How about this? Who cares? Seriously, Feliciano had a big grin on his face when see said that about Davis. It was said in jest. And Davis responded with a joke. Why is the media making such a big deal about this?

1. METS FAN 53 says:

AMEN Will…you are so right!!!

2. Go NY Baseball says:

Agreed, Will. A Yankees fan (not of AROD though), but this year’s Mets team is very likeable and good to root for – Minaya gone, Manuel gone, Collins in and Alderson in. Now, if they could only get rid of those clueless idiots owning the team (who had to basically be told to hire Collins and Alderson by MLB), this team will be on top for years to come. Regardless, Feliciano and Davis need to let their talking stay on the field and Cashman and Warthen should clam up about it too. WHO CARES???? Maybe it wasn’t Cashman’s decision to sign him, and maybe he’s being so vocal because he is trying to let “someone” know he didn’t like the signing, but keep your GM comments like these within management because it just sounds like the whining of crybaby.

1. METS FAN 53 says:

AGREE TOTALLY FOR WILL AND GO NY BASEBALL 🙂

10. Mike Passeri says:

How about they BOTH clam up!

1. METS FAN 53 says: