BREAKING: NJ TRANSIT Train Crashes Into Hoboken Terminal; One Dead; 108 Injured | CBS 2 Video Coverage | Listen Live: 1010 WINS | WCBS 880 | Photo Gallery | Transit & Traffic Advisories | Post Your Pictures & Videos: FacebookTwitter | NJ TRANSIT Hotline: 855-336-1774 | JCMC Hotline: 201-915-2691

Teen Arrested In Death Of 9-Month-Old Boy At Marble Hill Houses

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — The New York City medical examiner says the 9-month-old baby boy left in the care of a teenager died from blunt impact injuries.

Ryan Ferrer’s death was ruled a homicide Wednesday. The medical examiner’s office also says he suffered bleeding in his brain and his internal organs were bruised and cut.

Authorities say 17-year-old Martin Quirindongo was babysitting the infant Tuesday morning while the mother was at work. Police responded to a 911 call, saying the child was unconscious when they arrived at the apartment located at the Marble Hill Houses housing project. The baby later died at a hospital.

Police have arrested Quirindongo and charged him with murder and manslaughter. The baby was of a healthy height and weight when he died.

(TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. posypetals says:

The PUNK kid was the mothers boyfriend! He’s 17 and the baby’s mother is 32. Is that even legal? She should be arrested as well.

2. kendra says:

i am going to tell you right now that they gone get at him when he goes to the big slammer…and beat him like he did that baby ….that is a shame what can a baby possible do to you for kiling or harming it?

3. HooDatIS? says:

execute him or it the same way he did the baby, that will teach him a lesson
    nasty trick
    i hate loosers

4. Barbara S says:

My mom took care of all the grandkids free of charge,well into her 70s and Im grateful to GOD for having her….

5. nypj says:

what is a “healthy height”?

1. john says:

the average size of a new born is 8.6 lbs and 20 inches long. Thats a health baby.

6. Jennifer Marie Harr says:

i would NEVER let anyone babysit my child its either my husband or me and no one else

7. cygon says:

I sacrificed my career so I could take care of my children myself. GIving your k9ids over to the care of some punk teen that you hardly know is just INSANE.

8. Mike Jones says:

They should bash his skull in for a few minutes and see how he ends up . That is what his fate should be.

9. SAD says:

This is sooooo sad. I am so sick of reading about babies being beaten to death. I would love to wish harm on this sick monster, but fortunately I believe in “what comes around, goes around.”

10. LiberalsAreEvil says:

This filthy maggot deserves the same fate. Kill this piece of trash and rid the world of another POS!

Comments are closed.