Woman Dies After Brooklyn Apartment Fire

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — Authorities said a woman whose Brooklyn apartment had no electricity was killed when a fire swept through her candlelit home.

According to the New York Post, the 53-year-old resident was pronounced dead at a hospital following Thursday’s fire.

Authorities said the apartment had no power because of a broken fuse box.

The Post said a teenager who had been staying at the apartment notified neighbors of the 4:15 a.m. blaze. It says the woman had complained about the lack of power to management of the housing project.

Housing Authority officials declined to comment.

Sound off in our comments section below…

(TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

1. stacey says:

This happened in the E.N.Y section of Brooklyn in Boulevard Housing.

2. mary adams says:

Speaking of poor sentence strudcture ~ “in which section of Brooklyn in which this fire occurred?” Bad, bad bad.

1. Journalism??? says:

Before you criticize, please read my post again. You will see that you read it wrong. It reads: which section of Brooklyn in which this fire occurred, not in which section. Anyway, I never said that I was a journalist. I am not getting paid to disseminate the news, they are. But that’s alright, you probably work for cbs.

2. ham07 says:

Excuse me strudcture is spelling incorrectly, It is structure. Look it up.

3. nyc says:

No electiicity , must be against the law ! I am sure it’s because of those lazy, inept, ignorant housing employees. No one seems to care anymore . I wonder how long she had no electricity ? Sad .

4. Journalism??? says:

What kind of reporting is this? What is the point of this story when you don’t even identify which section of Brooklyn in which this fire occurred? Why don’t you just wait until you can give at least the bare minimum of facts? Anyway, this is consistent with the reporting on the WCBS website. I think they should stop employing small children with no knowledge of grammar, sentence structure, and story composition to write these stories. I will start looking for a better website for my news.

1. Val says:

OMG, you are so right! What happened to our 1010Wins???

Comments are closed.