NJ Diner Owner Found Dead, Homicide Suspected

ROXBURY, N.J. (1010 WINS/AP) — Morris County authorities are asking for the public’s help with the homicide investigation of a diner owner who was found dead in his restaurant.

Prosecutor Robert Bianchi says Kenvil Diner owner Chafic Ezzeddine was found dead around 6:30 p.m. on Saturday night in his Roxbury diner.

1010 WINS’ Sonia Rincon has the latest on the incident.

Authorities are not saying how Ezzeddine – known by friends as “Steve” – was killed, only that the death is being considered a homicide.

“Numerous witnesses are being interviewed,” Bianchi said. “The time frame that we’re interested in is from approximately 2 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.”

The 71-year-old was discovered by his wife after he failed to return home. Police say Ezzeddine usually closed the diner by 2:30 p.m. on Saturdays.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

1. Lynn says:

Steve and his wife were good and wonderful people, and a loving couple. My family and I only knew them from the diner, but after going there every single week for 20-30 years, they felt like family. I LOVED that little diner. I miss him already. Please stop posting meaningless, stupid rhetoric. Let’s hope the evil doer(s) are brought to justice and that Steve’s widow can cope. Thank God she has family that will help her through this.

2. davec says:

who says he didnt have a gun? you ASSume. if I am a socopath perp and thought my victim has a gun I’d just shoot first. gun owner loses.

3. Carl says:

Another victory for the Bloomberg and Brady gun banners !

4. Sandeana says:

Another senseless murder in the state of NJ. What else is new?

5. K T Begley says:

I wish I knew him. I also wish he were still alive. According to my friends, who all have been to this diner, this man was close to being saintly. I hope they get the fool(s) responsible. GO NJ. POLICE.

6. MIKE says:

AGREE WITH PAUL

7. Moon Them says:

To the Killer: You are now a FUGITIVE. You had better climb on a spacecraft and head for the MOON. If you stay on Earth they’re going to hunt you down and take you down just like the animal that you are.

8. Mary says:

He was such a sweetheart…hope that jerk gets what he deserves that did this to such a good man

9. Jack Daniels says:

@Paul Kohloff yeah good idea.. all citizens (including kids) should be issued a firearm by the federal goverment!!

10. Paul Kohloff says:

if he had a gun he might be alive and the dirt bag dead

Comments are closed.