By Kimberly Rae Miller
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — There comes a point when even the most gymed, tanned and laundered of Juice Heads needs to leave the nest, and it looks like Staten Island’s own Mike Sorrentino, aka ‘The Situation,’ has left the likes of ‘Snooki’ and ‘J-Woww’ behind him.
He’s not the first to express discontent.
On July 1, arguably “Jersey Shore’s” most humane cast member, Vinny Guadagnino, abruptly left the show in the middle of shooting. Rumor has it that Vinny had decided to call it quits when a fight broke out with an MTV executive. As of this weekend, Vinny is apparently back in the house after the cast banned together to woo him back with a cocktail laden dinner. Nothing like a good Cosmo to bring back that loving feeling, huh Vinny?
But there’s still one cast mate who’s missing.
“The Situation” has left the building. A show insider told Us Weekly that Sorrentino “walked off the show. He’s so over the whole thing, I don’t think he’s coming back. Everyone in the house is so unhappy.”
Mikey has other problems; he’s currently being sued by his former management company for $1 million. Sorrentino gave his managers the ax last May for “lack of performance.” The management company says that they deserved 30-days notice to fix any problems for their mega-star client.
One million is pocket change for The Situation, who is the second highest paid reality star these days (only Kim Kardashian makes more cash). Last year he brought in $5 million from endorsements, appearances, his clothing line, book deal, and exercise DVD.
It looks like “Jersey Shore” needs a new six-pack, any takers?