Dominique Strauss-Kahn’s NYC Court Date Postponed To August 23
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — Dominique Strauss-Kahn‘s much-anticipated court date in his Sofitel Hotel sexual assault case has been postponed for more than three weeks as prosecutors continue investigating.
Strauss-Kahn’s lawyers said Tuesday they’d agreed to put off the Aug. 1 date to Aug. 23. They say they hope that by then, prosecutors will have decided to dismiss the case.
The Manhattan District Attorney’s office had no immediate comment.
The former International Monetary Fund leader faces attempted rape and other charges after being accused of attacking a hotel housekeeper who came to clean his suite May 14. He denies the charges.
Prosecutors said July 1 that the case had weakened because the maid had lied to them about her background and was inconsistent about her actions right after the alleged attack.
Accuser Nafissatou Diallo broke her silence earlier this week, giving interviews to Newsweek and a network television station.
She said Strauss-Kahn suddenly appeared naked, grabbed her breasts, slammed the door and then wrestled her to the bedroom.
“I said, sir, stop this. I don’t want to lose my job,” Diallo said. “He pulls me hard to the bed.”
The housekeeper says after the attack, “I run to the hallway. I was so nervous; I was so scared. I didn’t want to lose my job.”