Memorial Day Getaway: Check Traffic | Transit | Forecast | Events

Poll: Consumer Confidence Getting Worse In New York

NEW YORK (WCBS 880) – A new Sienna College poll finds that New Yorkers’ confidence in the economy is at the lowest point of the year, down nearly two percent from just last month.

WCBS 880’s Steve Knight In Brooklyn

The poll found that 54 percent of New Yorkers say their personal finances are suffering because of the high prices of gas and food.

It’s one percent below the national level of consumer confidence.

When you ask people at random, they aren’t likely to agree on how they feel about the economy.

“Terrible. It’s terrible,” said a construction worker.

“I feel good about the economy,” a young mother said. “I think it’s headed in the right direction.”

Seventy percent of the economy depends on consumer spending.

Do you agree with the poll? Sound off below in our comments section…


One Comment

  1. Kline Derek says:

    By the way I just paid $22.87 for an iPad2-64GB and my girlfriend loves her Panasonic Lumix GF 1 Camera that we got for $38.76 there arriving tomorrow by UPS. I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 40 inch LED TV to my boss for $675 which only cost me $62.81 to buy. Here is the website we use to get it all from,

  2. T says:

    And all the morins took a month off. Nice huh? You know I would rather have elected officials that do nothing compared to this class whom only seem to make everything they touch worse.

  3. Bob Fowler says:

    54% have figured out that they are paying more for less…what about the other 46%? It no longer surprises me that we are led by a government that sheers us at will. When people are too stupid to know that gas and food prices have risen, while wages haven’t, can we really expect them to be able to vote intelligently?

  4. jorge says:

    I can’t wait for election day so we can vote out this Moron!

    1. danny says:

      Which one? They’re all morons!!

Comments are closed.

More From CBS New York

Get Our Morning Briefs

Watch & Listen LIVE