Long Island Winery Selling 9/11-Themed Merlot And Chardonnay

Plans To Donate Between 6 & 10 Percent Of Proceeds To Victims' Families

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The sale of 9/11-themed alcohol by a Long Island winery is likely to raise some eyebrows and draw ire despite some monetary benefit to charity.

Lieb Family Cellars of Mattituck says it has produced the 9/11 Memorial Commemorative Chardonnay and 9/11 Memorial Commemorative Merlot to mark to the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks and the opening of the 9/11 Memorial.

The company says it has 247 cases of the Chardonnay and 251 cases of the Merlot and that each will sell for $19.11 per bottle if purchased directly through the winery.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the winery plans to give between 6 and 10 percent of the proceeds from sales to the September 11 Memorial and Museum.  That amounts to a donation of  $1.15 to $1.91 per bottle.

In addition, Lieb Family Cellars is also offering the September Mission Merlot as part of its “Great Wines For Good Causes” lineup. The Merlot sells for $9.11 per bottle, with 91.1 cents being donated to the September’s Mission Foundation, according to the company’s website.

Do you think that it is simply too soon for such a product?  Too tacky? Offensive? Or is it fine? Share your thoughts in the comments section…

Comments

1. Jane Smith says:

I’m holding out for the Flight 800 Champale.

1. Jane Smith says:

Actually, i just popped a bottle of Flight 93 champagne, as 2001 was a banner year for champagne. The grapes used for the Flight 800 champagne were from a poor harvest season.

1. Tired of Jane Smith says:

Jane Smith – go somewhere else. You’ve been commenting on this subject for over two straight hours. Doesn’t your Facebook page need updating?

2. Jane Smith says:

Nope. Besides, I’m building my new “Death-By-Open-Windows” Memorial Fund. I’ll send you the Facebook page so you can help me spread awareness.

2. michaelfury says:

Hey CBS, remember this Dan Rather 9/11 classic?

3. Al Barrs says:

Wine has long been a celebratory drink, not a commentary drink. More investigating is needed to definitively determine if this wine sale is really to do what the seller claims or a propaganda scam against the American people to raise money for Muslim terrorists. Six to 10% isn’t much but is a way to legitimize the possible scam on the American people. Muslim terrorists have used other sham fronts to raise millions of dollars for their terror effort in the trusting and unsuspecting United States. Is this another effort? Will Muslim and Islamists use the wine to celebrate their success with 911? I hope it is legitimate, but right now no one knows…

1. Alex says:

Muslims don’t drink wine you ignoramus. Alcohol consumption is specifically prohibited in their religion. They may beat the hell out of women and blow up buses but they do not drink.

1. khamal says:

you mean like the 9-11 hijackers? i particularly remember them going to STRIP BARS and DRINKING BEER before the attacks. You are the ignoramus Alex!

2. Jane Smith says:

The Muslims will hold an Islamic Wine Party in protest, pouring all the wine into Boston Harbor…a Jihadi Tea Party for our time..

3. L Hull says:

Killing innocent people is specifically prohibited in their religion too.

4. Jane Smith says:

Gotta love that Koran, right? Islam = the “Religion Of Peace”. Terrorists = “Misunderstanders of Islam”. Sure, sure.

2. Rachel H. says:

Your whole hypothesis on this wine is really a stretch, dude.

4. michaelfury says:

Can anyone explain how these men managed to get arrested twice on 9/11–first in East Rutherford and again hours later at the GWB?

5. Kathy, New Suffolk NY says:

Please take into consideration the cost that goes into producing one bottle of wine. Growing, harvesting, producing, and bottling. This does not even include the amount of taxes a winery would have to pay the state of New York. I think it is generous that they are even donating anything to a charity, much less such a charity that has affected the entire country. I have been to every winery on the north fork, most of you could not say such a thing. I believe in going to local places and purchasing local products. Let me guess, most of you responding to this are the same ones that go to Walmart and purchase a Chinese product because you may save 0.10 opposed to an American product?? Living on Long Island you should have been familiar with this practice, as this is nothing new for the Lieb family. I have purchased several bottles of this wine. Not because I thought is was a good wine, but because I knew I would be helping someone less fortunate than myself. Next time you want to be judgmental on how one helps others, please ask yourself what have I personally done to help?

1. Jane Smith says:

I give nothing to individuals who wish to live their lives as “victims”. Zero percent (0%) should be given to any so-called 9/11 “charity”, as preparedness would have prevented any financial insecurity or hardship which these “victims” and their families have endured. Life insurance would have mended any temporary financial hardships. After that, it’s up to the survivors to “survive”, not skate by on my tax money, your tax money, or any other American’s tax money. If anything, the American government should send a bill to the home nations of these 19 hijackers for cleaning up the mess of their jihad.

6. Blah Blah Blah says:

Stupid poll. $9.11 is tacky, ok. So what is $19.11? Both seem pretty lame since only 10% of the profit is given to charity.

1. Jane Smith says:

Zero percent (0%) should be given to this ‘charity’. You’re only a victim if you allow yourself to become (or to continue living as) a victim.

2. mike says:

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Same feelings should go towards T-shirts, hats, etc. with the 9-11 logo on it. If I don’t like it or approve of it I won’t buy it. We have enough things in our country to worry about without worrying about this petty stuff.

7. JH says:

This seems like something Terrorists would drink.

1. Jane Smith says:

Either that or they’ll drink the blood of the non-believers of Islam. You decide.

2. Blah Blah Blah says:

Jihad Juice?

Sour Apple AK-47

8. Pole Sitter says:

Give free wine to the fdny!!! We are the heroes of 9/11 and the wine will help us cope.

1. Jane Smith says:

That’s silly: What good would a drunken firefighter do for the city of New York?

1. Pole Sitter says:

Why is it silly? we drink in the fire house all the time,so we might as well drink for free wine lol

9. BubbaT says:

You just can’t fix stupid.

10. michaelfury says:

Warner Bros. was exploiting 9/11 in 1999:

11. tj says:

Ask yourself what you have done to help 9/11 victims.

1. Jane Smith says:

I still fly American Airlines and United Airlines — does that help? Seriously though, survivors need to get off of this “I’ve had a tragic loss so the world owes me for the rest of my life” kick. Buy life insurance. It’s cheap, and will keep “victims” off the government’s teat during events such as this one.

1. tj says:

No it doesn’t “help” that doesn’t help children who lost parents, parents who lost children or friends who lost their co-workers. My comment was directed at those who are bashing a company for marketing a product in memory of 9/11 victims and will donate a portion of the proceeds to the victims families. Maybe those small proceeds will help a child who lost one or both parents eat, buy clothing or go to school. I take it you dont know anyone who has lost a loved one in this tragedy and you probably dont have kids of your own. Sorry folks I cant knock anyone who tries to do something to help those in need even if they will profit from it too. You can do the same but dont bash anyone until you do.

2. Jane Smith says:

Cry me a river, tj. More people are injured or killed EACH YEAR just by falling out of a window than did all the “victims” or 9/11. Where is the “charity” or “cause” to push for a national Death-By-Open-Windows Memorial??? Think of all the children — and their fathers, their mothers, their parents’ co-workers, their grandmothers & their grandfathers, their aunts, uncles, cousins….even their family’s pet(s) — who are “survivors” of this national epidemic of “man-caused terror”. They’re victims, too. In fact, I’m drawing up a bumper sticker and a magnetic “ribbon” to raise awareness of this form of terrorism. Please support the “Death-By-Open-Windows” Memorial Fund…

12. Helloseekers says:

Is tacky illegal yet? What does “too soon” mean? Isn’t this still a free market economy?

1. Jane Smith says:

If this is a true free market, then neither ‘tacky’ nor ‘too soon’ should every be legislated to be made illegal. Free market capitalism goes hand-in-hand with core libertarian principles. To legislate would involve government overreach, thereby inhibiting a free market to be ‘free’.

2. mike says:

No. Don’t know. Yes.

13. Bob Raegen says:

This is awful, but I find the anti-semitic comments even more offensive.

14. Silly winery, says:

Only politicians can profit off of 9/11.

And labor unions.

1. Weepy says:

And fdny family

2. Jane Smith says:

and attorneys.

15. Jane Smith says:

So, by that line of thinking, is it only the Japanese electrical companies making money by selling power that’s produced by nuclear energy?

16. DogWithoutSlippers says:

How do you know it’s owned by Jews, jerk! It doesn’t matter who owns it. Unless its muslims! Anyone who profits by this or other means such as the sale of t-shirts is a scam – they should be jailed!

17. Billbo says:

Cut the Jewish remarks. You people make me sick. It’s a bad decision, that’s all. Race has nothing to do with it. Do you think no Jews were killed in 9/11? It’s the small minded that would think to take this story and use it to their racist advantage. If a company owned by a black man was selling BBQ sauce to raise money for 9/11, you people would weigh in on that too, right? Idiots.

1. Shlomo says:

Jews are a Race now?

18. Wino says:

Why not give 9.11% of the proceeds to charity? This is really tacky.

1. Jane Smith says:

because 10% is more than 9.11%. duh.

1. Wino says:

Uh, yeah, but it kind of misses the theme – dunce. You bought some of this didn’t you? Drink in moderation.

2. Jane Smith says:

Golly gee whiz. Ouch! That’s hateful rhetoric! I didn’t mean to steal your dunce cap ;-( The amount of 10.00% is slightly less labor-intensive to calculate than 9.11%. And from a marketing perspective, the price points of $19.11 and $9.11 are what’s meant to be commemorative and catch the (sober) eyes of wine-loving, eager-to-help-the-“victims fund” consumers or alcohol. Further on the marketing, the 10% has a better “ring” to the ears of the general consumer. Here’s your dunce cap back.🙂

19. Rhonie Briley says:

So, when you buy your 9-11 T-Shirt, you 9-11 bumper sticker etc… You are fine with that, oh, but don’t buy the wine. It is all of the same. I bet I will see thousands of 9-11 memorabilia articles on TV. I guess all of the companies that produced it made nothing off of that either. I wonder if any donated any percentage to the 9-11 fund?

20. Joe says:

Once again a rich Jewish family is trying to make money from the suffering of others. If they really were doing this for charity, they would donate ALL of the profits to the 9/11 Memorial. This is disgraceful.

1. Mildly Amused Jewish Guy says:

Were you guys raped by Jews as a child or do you just have your panties in a bunch because they’re more successful than you and live in houses that aren’t on wheels? Who hurt you? It’s ok you can tell me you’re safe now.

But seriously despite this having nothing to do with religion, 10% proceeds is not charitable for something like this. They should donate 100% of profits (around 33%).

2. Joe says:

I just want to apologize for this remark. I realized after I wrote it that it was insensitive. I apologize to the Jewish community. I realize that sometimes I make really stupid statements and that this was one of those times. Please forgive me. I’m an ass.

1. Jane Smith says:

Unbelievable. The owner of the winery is a Protestant. Last time I checked, Protestants believed in Christ and were not of the Jewish faith. Am I misunderstanding my faiths/religions? If so, please correct me.

2. Joe says:

Sorry. Basically I make comments on this board (and others) before I think. My family is extremely racist, and I shoot from the hip. We live in Alabama, in a trailer park. Because of my limited education, I don’t often research stuff before I comment, so I didn’t know that the owners are Protestants. I hate them too, so it wouldn’t make much difference anyway.

3. Joe says:

I do not apologize for this remark. Jews are the root of most of the terrorism going on. Osama early on specifically stated that his major beef with the US is their support of Israel. I haven no beef with Jews, but the US should not support Israel as look what is has brought us. Despite its ultra colonial origins Israel should have a right to exist, but I dont agree with the US supporting them, it angers the entire arab world.

4. Jane Smith says:

I don’t care. I don’t know if the owner is a Protestant, a Catholic, a Muslim, a Jew, a Buddhist, an atheist…what does it really matter anyway? The Jewish people and the Jewish state of Israel are the last beacons of decency in the Middle East. Do you really think that the “Arab Spring”, the return of the 12th Imam, and movement for global Islamic socialism is really going to bring peace, love, and harmony to the world? The two factions of Islam (Sunni and Shi’a) will continue to fight between themselves, all the while your American head is being used as a soccer ball by the Islamic children playing in the streets of the Islamic States of Shariah. Wake up and smell the morning jihadists…or the remnants of the World Trade Center…your choice.

5. IgnoranteElephante says:

Really Jane, Protestant? Lieb Family Cellars is the name. Lieb is as Jewish as gifilte fish with matzo soup.

Only a bunch of Jews would do such a thing. They’re a breed of coffin riders profiting off of misery and death. This is just like their pimping of the Holocaust to make money off of thousands of Holocaust museums, all Jewish owned.

Well, fine. I’m as capitalistic as the next. I want to create a Holocaust themed wine called Zyklon Plum. I’m sure all of these people defending this ghastly winery would have no problem with it as long as I donate one dollar to a charity.

3. rjm2238 says:

Hey Joe,
      There is only one way to introduce religion into this and that is to get a rope, a tree and a muslim, see what I mean?
      However it seems you have something in common with the muslims, your apparent dislike or perhaps envy of Jewish folks. That’s food for thought.
      Rich in New Mexico.

21. Shame on Them!! says:

In the end, must we ALWAYS look like money hungry a$$es?? Wat a shame to disgrace the memory of all that died and how our souls were shaken on that day. I love our way of life and fought for that very way of life. I feel like my wife’s memory is being ridiculed by this vineyard in some way. Who the Hell is going to break open a bottle of this wine at Sunday dinner or on Christmas Eve??? This is just WRONG!!!

1. Jane Smith says:

Thank you for your service.

22. IrishEyesAreBlue says:

FIRST OFF — WHO edited this piece???? Which is the price $19;11 – OR $9.11??? THIS is the thing that IRKS me – there isn’t ANYONE CAPABLE OF EDITING ANYTHING ANYMORE!!!!

…and second?

1. IrishEyesAreBlue says:

SECOND – WILL NOT PASS CENSOR!

2. Al Koholic says:

What really irks me is people who can’t read and then comprehend what they have read. It is obvious from the article that there are two different wines.(actually three) Two sell for 19.11 and the third sells for 9.11. First…don’t fully read the article. Second…stick foot in mouth. Third…Blame it on someone else. Got it.

1. Jane Smith says:

No, I do not “got it”. Please clarify your position for me. Thank you.

3. Dogmaticus says:

Learn how to read! The 9/11 Memorial Merlot is $19.11 the September Mission Merlot is $9.11. Isn’t anyone capable of reading anything anymore????

1. Jane Smith says:

Great — that’s TWO things of which I am incapable — reading AND driving. This morning, my karmaticus ran over your dogmaticus.

23. beth says:

For the first time in my life, I’m ashamed to be a Long Islander.

1. Jane Smith says:

You should be ashamed of everything you do. You are a shameful shamey person. Shame on you.

2. derp says:

really? for the first time?

3. Bruce Springsteen says:

Only someone from the Hamptons would say that.

24. Lazybum says:

They could have donated money from general sales without making any fanfare. Then it would not be tacky at best.

1. Karl says:

Amen!!

25. Jay Twila says:

The 10.00% donation to the victim’s families is the EXCUSE to profit off of 9/11. My free market capitalist response is: BOYCOTT these people.

capitalist or communist?

2. IrishEyesAreBlue says:

Jay, why don’t you pull your head out and take a look at the real world???? YOU, my ignorant friend, sound like a SOCIALIST!!!!!! IF you really want to ‘BOYCOTT” something … how about WELFARE????

Totally right, IrishEyes.

2. Paddy's Pig says:

Easy there M-I-C-K

3. rjm2238 says:

Jay,
      Come on, it has been ten years since these folks were caught up in this attack. If you wish to contribute to someone give to a service related organization. The service men and women at least chose to be involved.
      The victims of 9/11 sure did get a short deal, no arguing that, but I feel it is almost as though those organizing the charities at this point are starting to do it as a livelyhood.
      Let’s give those who suffered a lose a chance to move on.
      Rich in New Mexico.

26. getmikey says:

There are 6 million Jews who would be shocked @ this! Would you as a company next consider a Holocaust commemorative wine?

Would you really?

But then again, why wouldn’t you? It’s just business.

And if you must go through with this, how about assisting the LIVING? How about donating the profits you will donate to the firefighters and their families that are sick and dying because of their service on that day instead? Many of the ones who sifted through the rubble in the hope of finding survivors during the aftermath of that day cannot even afford to pay their medical bills and their so-called support systems have denied their claims.

Memorials mean nothing compared to the agony of knowing your fellow countrymen have abandoned you after such service! The survivors of the dead came out OK. It’s the survivors of the living that went in to serve that need help much more than a memorial which basically commemorates the dead.

1. Mike says:

Don’t forget every May stores have Memorial Day sales which shows we don’t remember the meaning of that special day.

1. Al Koholic says:

You are so wring. Every memorial day I make a huge mud pit in my backyard. I let the weeds grow up around it months prior. Then I put on an 80lb back pack and shoot myself and make my family think I’m dead. What do you expect people to do on Memorial day. Yes, many of us remember our friends, family, and those we have never met who gave the ultimate sacrifice so that we could live a free life. I’m sure if you could ask those people what they wanted for us on Memorial day, or any day, they would want us to live and enjoy the life that they died to protect.

2. Jane Smith says:

Be careful, Mike, because the bleeding hearts who are posting their comments may push to legislate how stores honor “Labor Day”, as Labor Day typically falls on the same week as 9/11 Memorial Day. Legislation may force American businesses to donate a portion of their Labor Day sales to the 9/11 “victims” fund…

2. Bill says:

Exactly!!!!

27. obama2012 says:

Haven’t the families benefited financially enough? How much more money do the families need?

A working spouse killed by a drunk driver leaves behind a family no less hurt financially. And I have no doubt, many of the victim’s families would have been financailly secure or perphaps not even financially affected without all of the money given by charities, individuals and the government. And many victim’s survivors received nothing. (close friends, engaged couples etc.)

1. tchpowdog says:

… And democrats need to get off welfare, because I’M paying for it!

1. IrishEyesAreBlue says:

They are not just DEMOCRATS … THEY ARE PARASITES … like maggots on road-kill – NO ABLE BODIED PERSON SHOULD BE DRAWING WELFARE!!!!! If these parasites want to eat – have a “WORK FOR FOOD” program … put a broom in their hand – have them clean the streets, pick-up garbage, etc., etc., for FOOD … not money cards … FOOD – BREAD/CHEESE, POWDERED MILK, AND SPAM!!!!

2. Jane Smith says:

No more welfare or safety nets, period. If you can’t survive here in America by your own hard work and upon your own laurels & merits, then move to a nation which has a cheaper/lower standard of living. Get off my over-taxed coattails.

3. IrishEyesAreBlue says:

JANE, I like the way you think!!! Folks like you encourage me to believe this country may have a thread of hope.

28. frankly says:

@ Foster Hastings – who are you talking to?
    🙂 i think larry was talking to me, but most of my comments are appearing, and then going away..

bit hard to have any sort of discussion when that happens.

1. obama2012 says:

1. dave says:

could not agree more

29. K says:

TACKY. I am embarrassed to be from Mattituck after reading this.

1. Jane Smith says:

I feel enlightened and elated knowing that you feel embarrassed to be from Mattituck because, in general, New Yorkers who live downstate are typically embarrassments for society. Enjoy a glass of September Mission Merlot for me please.

1. K says:

You are obviously from the sticks of upstate NY where you marry your own brother. What’s it like to be mommy and aunt to the same children? I’ll let you go now, as you probably have to go hunt for your dinner, and then eat it with the 4 teeth you have remaining.

2. J.J. says:

You are obviously from the sticks of upstate NY where you marry your own brother. What is it like to be mommy and aunt to the same child? I’ll let you go now, so you can go hunt for your dinner and then eat it with the 4 remaining teeth you have.

3. Jane Louise Smith says:

Surprisingly, no, I am not from the state of New York. I am well-traveled, however, and have been able to spend (read: waste) time in both upstate AND downstate. The entire state is a waste of space. Great pizza? Yes. Great people? Nope. Everyone’s just a group of “victims” of this or that issue — the issue may be jihadists crashing plans into office buildings, or the issue may be saving the environment from natural gas/oil fracking, or creating “equality” for everyone to marry whomever their heart’s desire. Good luck with all that hope and change, New York. Enjoy those high income taxes and high unemployment while you tax all the small businesses and major corporations to death, running them out of your state as a result of your tyranny….errr, your “victimhood”. Oh, and enjoy your “victims” fund and the $20-per-person “memorial donation ” that’s being charged to even set foot in that memorial. Or will you be creating a victims’ fund to cover the cost of their admission, too?

30. beedogs says:

Thankfully, 9/11 expires this year, as the 10 year “using-something-as-a-pathetic-excuse-to-bomb-all-the-brown-people” statute of limitations runs out. Then we can finally get back to a “pre-9/11” mindset and everyone can stop being such god damned idiots.

1. Jane Smith says:

Yikes — that still leaves us with another 7.5 years of the President blaming George W. Bush for the “mess” which he “left” for him. Counting down the days…

31. John Paulstrom Southwalk says:

Do they have a wine that explains Building 7?

Do they have a wine that explains an almost 2 hour stand down by the Air Force?

Do they make a wine that explains how 2, 110 story buildings can collapse into their own footprint in less than 10 seconds turning the buildings into dust?

1. Ithoughtiwastwisted says:

I have an architecture engineering degree from Ohio State Knowlton that might explain your theories, I’ve also dabbled in thermal dynamics.and worked as a volunteer firefighter.and for Advanced Explosive Demolitions Inc.

1. METOO says:

I have a Masters in Clinical Psychology and 50 years experience that might explain your condition. I’ve also dabbled in the propaganda, false flag attacks and worked int the CIA PSYOPS Dept, as a volunteer of course.

2. John Paulstrom Southwalk says:

Please elaborate.

3. Ithoughtiwastwisted says:

METOO, are you for inside job conspiracy nuts or the facts?

2. John Paulstrom Southwalk says:

I forgot to add … do they have a wine that explains how they were able to get the fingerprints from the people on the plane that hit the Pentagon when they tell you the plane vaporized?

Or where are the videos of the plane hitting the Pentagon when they had over 80 cameras capturing the event?

1. Jack says:

You sir, are an idiot. Every conspiracy myth you brought up has already been debunked. Do you know anyone who died? Did you see this happen. Then shut up stupid liberal hipster. Buildings of that size are designed to collapse into themselves if they sustain heavy structural damage, as to minimize danger to civilians and other buildings (would it seem smarter to actually have them designed to tip over when they are structurally unstable?) Take it from someone who has a PhD and whose family members actually worked on these buildings. Go back to watching Rosie and worshiping Michael Moore you ignorant excuse for a person.

3. Lazybum says:

Is your real name Rosie O’Donnell? Maybe you need another donut

32. Bad News Bearer says:

I say whatever it takes to get people to never forget what happened on that fateful day and talk about it. 9/11 was an inside job. Sorry but it was. The truth is out there if you want it. The evidence is there. I prefer to believe what the fire fighters were saying about what was going on that day. The videos are online for you to watch them. 3000 of my fellow citizens died a horrific and horrible death.If the wine is being bought for a party and 20 people start to talk about what happened, a small number of that group hopefully will revisit the information now available that contradicts the findings of NIST reports including not mentioning building 7 in detail. I ask all of you to revisit and with an open mind investigate 9/11 for yourself. I mean really investigate it. Investigate building 7. 9/11 We will never forget.

33. marcus preston says:

i’ve never ‘commented’ before
    its outrageous and vulgar. i wonder how much 10% cuts into their profit, were they to make a genuine gesture they would make 100% of proceeds charitable. donate the operational costs etc. these people are shameless.

34. marcus preston says:

VULGAR

35. frankly says:

going to tell me why my comments are being deleted?

Nope.

36. Ithoughtiwastwisted says:

It’s a sassy little merlot with hints of oak, apricot and burning jet fuel ! Perfect for a late summer evening of cooking out with guests or just reliving horrors alone with a fine strong cheese. The drinker will notice the blood red color similar to the lost lives the vintner is now cashing in on. Coming soon I’ll review Columbine Malt Liquor and Norwegian Massacre Pale Ale.

1. frankly says:

its koolaid with a fancy label. enjoy.

1. ithoughtiwastwisted says:

If it was marketed by this winery it would be Jim Jone’s Jonestown Commemorative Koolade

37. Robert says:

Guarranteed to leave a bad taste your mouth.

38. jmpw says:

I don’t care how much money is going to charity. I can’t escape the thought that wine is a celebratory drink, toasting and so on…. This alone makes it deeply offensive.

1. beedogs says:

OH NO! You’ve been OFFENDED! You should SUE!

2. American Man says:

Did you ever think that the toasting may be in honor of the victims lives, if you have that type of thinking, unless you have a negative mentality , and you would think they are toasting the event, and the successful carnage . The offensive deed and the criminality is locked in your own mind, not the wine maker.
      Would a commemorative ak47 of 911 denoting revenge to those terrorists, bring more happiness in one’s mind, even if it eventually kills more innocent victims.
      We have to work at removing our distorted mindset, which will haunt our happiness, and get on with life, which I agree is extremely hard, but is better than the destructive emotional suicide.

1. Jane Smith says:

“Did you ever think that the toasting may be in honor of the victims lives”….I thought that the victims were ALL TOASTED once the jet fuel ignited?

39. AHK says:

At least they are still donating some money, unlike the government to families of fallen victims…keep a perspective. Tourists and locals alike flock to Ground Zero just to gawk…so where is the respect there? No one treats the area like the graveyard it is. Don’t throw stones from a glass house…its bad enough no one honors that day anymore. Look at the NFL this season…

1. why so serious says:

Survivors need to get off of this “I’ve had a tragic loss so the world owes me for the rest of my life” kick.Survivors need to get off of this “I’ve had a tragic loss so the world owes me for the rest of my life” kick.

2. Al Koholic says:

What is in a day? Was Christ born on Christmas Day? Did all the armed forces die on memorial day? Did Christ arise on Easter Day? Is your birthday something to really celebrate? What if a public celebration cannot be done on the intended day? Does the celebration not hold the same weight.People get way to caught up in the idea that we celebrate certain days and not the idea behind what we celebrate. A day is just that…another day. What you choose to do with it is your choice. We do not need the government or the church to set aside certain days that we mourn or celebrate days of the past. These things should be forever in our conscience and remind of of how blessed we truly are.

40. kathy, Long Island, NY says:

This is sick and if they wanted to help out these families, they would be donating at least 90% to the charities……not a mere 10%. Amazing how low some people will go to get some publicity — a cheap way to get it. I will not be visiting this vineyard any time soon, much less paying for this product. Shame on them!

1. why so serious says:

1. Think before you speak please says:

What about the families of the people whose lives were just turned upside down just as it seemed to be a magical dream. My lovely wife went to work and never came home. I now have 2 little guys that I am raising by myself and a pain in my heart that I don’t know will ever heal. Maybe the pain in the heart is what makes some people so SERIOUS. To some of us it’s not just a “kick”, it IS LIFE NOW…. It’s so easy to pass judgement on others until it hits home!!!

2. Kathy, New Suffolk NY says:

1. Jane Smith says:

“Wine” or “Whine”? Seems to be a lot of “whine” contained in this discussion.

3. Bad News Bearer says:

Good for you. I will buy two bottles in your honor, or lack of honor. Toasting to our heroes who died is patriotic. Its not champagne you liberal twit. Your not popping a cork toasting because your glad they all tragically died, you are toasting in remembrance and honor of the lives lost. Now go and shove your head up Obamas arse where you prefer to live. You are vile.

4. Jane Smith says:

Shame on you, Kathy. Survivors need to get off of this “I’ve had a tragic loss so the world owes me for the rest of my life” kick — it’s highly irritating. America will never be able to move forward if Americans continue to live in the past. and/or continue to label themselves “victims” of one thing or another, whether it’s someone’s wealth, someone’s income, someone’s skin color, someone’s gender, someone’s selection of an intimate partner, someone’s faith, someone’s religion — the victimhood mentality needs to end or else America (and Americans) will be unable to stand united for very much longer.

1. Joe Jones says:

go F-OFF!!!

2. Jane Louise Smith says:

There’s a highly intelligent post. Bravo, Joe Jones. Bravo.

41. jingoism survivor says:

Just as tacky as the Commemoration itself. Probably tastes like p*ss.

42. louise says:

some people will do ANYTHING for money. It’s tacky, it’s insensitive, it’s tasteless, it’s unbelievable!

43. Katz says:

I have some 9/11 plastic dog poop and plastic barf. Great for memorial grounds pranking.

44. JT says:

You are a N-U-T-J-O-B.

1. Larry says:

I’ll make my point very clear. While there are a disturbing number of fools such as yourself out there, I’m reminded that in this country you have the right to make a fool of yourself, but while you have the right to your own opinions, you don’t have the right to you own facts. And the fact is, YOU are in the minority. And since you claim otherwise, that makes you dead wrong on your statement. So this makes you a liar and a fool.

1. Foster Hastings says:

Who are you talking to? You can’t even type an @ with a name. You’re the incompetent degenerate that is incapable of making yourself and your thoughts clear and concise. But you’re correct that you have the right to show the world how mentally decrepit you are and that you have no idea how to use the internet.

2. Jane Smith says:

Huh?

45. Travis says:

lol. Is this a serious article? You call it tacky, yet this very webpage is littered with ads. You are making more money off of this then the wine company, and you are not donating one thing to families of 911.

1. Jane Smith says:

This Web page makes money because it can. This Web page doesn’t act as a “victim” of advertisements. I hope this Web page makes a million dollars for this company today, and I hope that this Web page keeps every single penny that it makes from people clicking ads on this page. Enough with the “victim” garbage already — it’s time for people to stand on their own two feet. Survivors such as yourself need to get off of this whole idea of “They’ve had a tragic loss so the world owes them for the rest of my life” kick. Go donate your savings to the “victims” if you want to do that. That’s your choice, as wasteful as it may be. I’ll keep my money, thank you very much.

46. Michael E. Stora, Ph.D. says:

It I were involved in this, I would make it clear that all the profits were going to charity. However, I cannot state that this is not the case here. I don’t know what a typical profit margin is in the wine industry, let alone for a limited run with a low price (in this case the “artificial price” of $19.11) and special labeling. For all I know 10% might be the lion’s share of the profit. It would be wiser of them just to drop the numerology and make it all the profits.

47. DK says:

It’s the American Way.

48. And all my friends thought the idea of hosting an anniversary party with two ice luges was tacky…..

49. Danielle says:

Classy. *roll eyes*

50. Troy says:

Seriously, if this were a charity thing, then why isn’t every dime going to charity? They are doing nothing more than profiting from tragedy and letting the money they deemed above the profit amount be what the purchaser gives to the charity, not them…

How rude. I hope they don’t sell one bottle. BUT, I know and so do all of you, that people with zero scruples will buy these to hold as collector items to sell at some crazy markup in the future. The winery knows it too. They likely expect every bottle to be sold for that reason.

Comments are closed.