NYACK, N.Y. (CBSNewYork/AP) — A fast-food restaurant has been fined $1,500 after inspectors said a worker dumped “soda sludge” into a pit leading to a storm drain.
Rockland County inspectors told the Board of Health on Wednesday that the worker in Nyack improperly disposed of foul-smelling residue from a soda machine.
One inspector said the storm drain bore a “thick coating of a grease-like substance.”
The state Department of Environmental Conservation issued the ticket. Only water is allowed in storm drains.
According to the Journal News, the franchise owner did not attend the meeting. However, the board noted that the situation was quickly rectified.
What do you think of the fine? Sound off in our comments section below…
(TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)