Parents Being Questioned In 13-Month-Old Bronx Baby’s Death
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — New York City Police made a tragic discovery Friday morning in the Longwood section of the Bronx.
After responding to 731 Southern Boulevard around 8 a.m. Friday, police found 13-month-old Edwin Perocier Jr. unconscious and unresponsive.
1010 WINS’ Al Jones Gets Reaction From The Bronx
EMS transported the baby to Lincoln Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The Medical Examiner will determine the exact cause of death.
Police told 1010 WINS that the child’s parents were being talked to, but have not been arrested.
Citing police sources, the Daily News said the child apparently died after swallowing medicine from prescription pill bottle that the boy may have opened. The child may have been given the pill bottle to use as a rattle.
However, police would only confirm to 1010 WINS that there was a pill bottle involved, but cannot confirm whether the baby took the pills.