Tony’s Table: Linguini Con Le Vongole
NEW YORK (CBS 2) — Tony’s Table headed to the East Village on Tuesday, to little gem of a trattoria called “Il Bagatto.” What we have is a rustic Italian dish that’s easy to make — and bound to have your family asking for more.
LINGUINE CON LE VONGOLE
Serves 4 people
* 1 pound linguine…I prefer them thick but use what you prefer
* 1 pound Manila clams washed and rinsed (or cockles)
* 5 cloves of garlic freshly peeled
* Sea salt 1/4 teaspoon or more to taste
* 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and more to drizzle at the end
* 1/4 cup dry white wine
* Pinch red crushed pepper (peperoncino)
* Handful of Italian parsley chopped
Bring your favorite pot for cooking pasta to a roaring boil and add twp tablespoons of coarse sea salt and the linguini. Remember to stir the spaghetti or they will stick to each other.
In a large sauté pan place extra virgin olive oil, and garlic cloves over medium heat. When the garlic is golden add a pinch of peperoncino and the vongole far from the flame. Cover with a lid and wait one minute and then add the white wine and cover. Once all the shells are open taste for salt and add a bit of the chopped parsley and the linguine. Let cook for two minutes add more parsley. Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.