Tony’s Table: Paccheri al Baccalà From PizzArte Pizzeria
Recipe courtesy of PizzArte Pizzeria, 69 West 55 Street ( 212-247-3936)
1/2 lb salt cod (pre-soaked or soak in cold water overnight)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tbsp whole capers
1 tbsp black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small can diced tomatoes, preferably San Marzano
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 lb paccheri pasta or other large tube pasta salt & pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil and garlic, removing the garlic when brown.
- Add capers, olives, cherry tomatoes and half the can of diced tomatoes – add more if you prefer more tomato sauce. Cook for 2 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add fish and parsley to the tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sautee the fish for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- In a large pot, bring water to boil and cook pasta until barely cooked (approximately 2 minutes before done) and strain.
- Add the pasta to the sauté pan and cook for 2 minutes, mixing all the ingredients together until the pasta is well coated with sauce and the fish is broken into pieces.