Tony Tantillo’s Dining Deal: Alfama

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — If you’re interested in a culinary adventure, this is a dining deal for you. CBS 2’s Tony Tantillo is on the East Side, sampling the  great flavors of Portugal at Alfama.

214 East 52nd Street
New York, NY 10022

Phone: 212-759-5552

alfama map Tony Tantillos Dining Deal: Alfama

Alfama Map (credit: Google Maps)

1. Paulo Cerqueira says:

This is an amazing restaurant! Chefs are great, the staff is very friendly, the food is delicious and indeed, eating here truly is a dining deal. The prices are incredibly reasonable for the quality they offer. The Portuguese custard tarts are an absolute MUST!

2. Sandy says:

I love love love Alfama! Their bread is amazing and OMG their Kale Soup “Caldo Verde” is delicious. Everything is consistent from visit to visit. I’ve never had a bad meal there.

3. Pascal Chesnoy says:

So happy to see Alfama is doing well, my favourite restaurant in New York! Owners and chef Carlos are just professionnnals and welcoming ! This is high standard cuisine and very affordable! thank you

4. Miguel Silva says:

Glad to see Alfama doing so well. They deserve it. The food is fresh, authentic and incredibly well priced! The wine list is a treasure trove of wines from Portugal – so many great wines and a great value! I can’t recommend it enough!

5. Paulo Carvalho says:

Well done Carlos. You just opened my appetite🙂

6. Tarcisio Costa says:

We are so proud of Carlos Arriaga! He did a great job in presenting the dishes and talking to Tony. We hope the residents in the area have seen the segment and that they’ll come out, if they haven’t yet, to experience Alfama.

7. Tiago da Silva says:

Alfama was in the West Village for 10 years and never really got the attention it deserved from the mainstream media. I am so glad to see that they are FINALLY being recognized. Alfama to me, spells quality, freshness and authentic Portuguese flavors. Kudos to Tony for doing this segment.

8. Rozanne Campbell says:

This was a great segment! I only wish Tony had mentioned that Alfama has a $16 Express lunch, which is not only affordable and delicious, but truly addresses the needs of those who don’t have a whole lot of time to enjoy a leisurely lunch. And since we’re talking about value for money, Alfama’s weekend brunch is definitely worth checking out.

Comments are closed.