CBS2-Header-Logo WFAN 1010WINS WCBS tiny WLNYLogo

Giants

Lawrence Taylor Being Sued By Teen In Sex Case

View Comments
Former football star Lawrence Taylor, leaves Rockland County Courthouse in New City, N.Y., on Tuesday, March 22, 2011. The 52-year-old ex-linebacker pleaded guilty in January to sexual misconduct and patronizing a 16-year-old prostitute. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)

Former football star Lawrence Taylor, leaves Rockland County Courthouse in New City, N.Y., on Tuesday, March 22, 2011. The 52-year-old ex-linebacker pleaded guilty in January to sexual misconduct and patronizing a 16-year-old prostitute. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)

Giants Central
Shop for Giants Gear
Buy Giants Tickets

NFL Scoreboard
NFL Standings
Team STATS
Team Schedule
Team Roster
Team Injuries

NEW YORK SPORTS HEADLINES

Get our weekday morning briefs direct from the WFAN newsroom
Sign Up

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — Pro Football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor is being sued by the teenage girl he admitted having sex with in the case that led to his guilty plea to misdemeanor charges earlier this year.

Cristina Fierro filed suit in federal court in New York on Monday. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages to be determined at trial.

1010 WINS’ Juliet Papa With More On The Suit


Taylor was sentenced to six years’ probation under a deal to plead guilty to sexual misconduct and patronizing an underage prostitute. The former New York Giants star linebacker was initially charged with third-degree rape, among other counts. Fierro was 16 when the crime occurred in May 2010. She made a statement outside his sentencing hearing in March saying he deserved jail time.

“I feel as though he should be accountable for his crimes and misconduct toward me,” Fierro said at a news conference Monday, flanked by lawyer Gloria Allred.

Taylor’s lawyer, Arthur Aidala, said in a statement that because of the suit, Taylor and other witnesses “will have to reveal the rather disparaging truth about Ms. Fierro.”

Allred said she believed this was the first time the federal Trafficking Victims Protection Act had been used to sue a buyer of commercial sex.

As part of the investigation that led to charges against Taylor, Rasheed Davis was sentenced to seven years in prison in August after pleading guilty to transporting a minor for paid sex. He is not being sued. Allred said he could be added as a defendant but would not address why Taylor was included in the suit while Davis wasn’t.

The Associated Press does not normally publish the name of accusers in sexual assault cases unless they agree to be named or identify themselves publicly, as Fierro has done.

gloria alread christina fierro Lawrence Taylor Being Sued By Teen In Sex Case

Attorney Gloria Allred announces a lawsuit against Lawrence Taylor on behalf of Christina Fierro. (credit: Juliet Papa, 1010 WINS)

Taylor also had to register as a sex offender under the plea deal. He was declared a low-risk offender in April, meaning there would be no photo of him on public online registries.

(TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

View Comments