NYC Cleaners’ Union Votes To Authorize Strike If Necessary; Unions Protest Economic Conditions

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A New York City cleaners union voted Thursday to authorize a strike, if necessary, that could potentially affect 1,500 commercial office buildings in the city.

Thousands of office cleaners and commercials building workers with the 32BJ Service Employees International Union  voted to allow their bargaining committee to call a strike.  That strike could involve about 22,000 workers if there is a failure to reach a new contract by 12:01 a.m. on January 1, 2012.

Cleaning union workers marched Thursday afternoon from 34th Street to Union Square in opposition to a proposed wage and benefit structure that the union says is “aimed at creating a lower second class of workers.”

The march was a part of a larger protest organized by the New York Central Labor Council, 1010 WINS’ Eileen Lehpamer reported.

32BJ Had One Of The Largest Rally Turnouts. 1010 WINS’ Eileen Lehpamer Reports.

CBS 2’s Derricke Dennis was live on the scene as workers marched on Broadway.  Various union groups participated in the march, including healthcare workers and teachers.  Even some Occupy Wall Street members joined the protest.

Demonstrators said they wanted to get the attention of government and corporate leaders to create more jobs.

“It’s an injustice what’s happening to the families all over the world. In this country, that they can’t feed their children, that children are not being educated, that they’re dumbing America down by taking money away from the city schools,” one woman told Dennis.

“We have people making all this money and we have millions out of work and it’s not fair.  We’re not taking it no more,” said another woman.

“The real estate industry’s demands to roll back the wage and benefit standards of lower middle class workers are unacceptable,” Mike Fishman, president of the union, said in a statement. “Today’s strike vote shows we are determined to keep our city a place that working families can afford to call home.”

The union says that is against the proposal because it would be things harder for current and new workers to make a living in New York City.

“A two-tier wage system would be a giant leap backward for all workers because it drives down wages and benefits for years to come,” Fishman said. “The industry’s sole purpose in creating a second tier of workers is to replace the first tier with lower paid workers.”

Marchers Said They Want Justice. WCBS 880’s Marla Diamond Reports

The union says that the highest rate for its cleaners is $22.65 per hour, which amounts to about $47,000 annually.  That is a number that the union says is “significantly less than the household income that independent researchers have shown is necessary to support a family of four.”

“Nobody wants a strike — least of all the men and women who keep New York City’s office buildings clean, but we must prepare for one if building owners insist on taking us down that path,” Fishman said.

photo541 NYC Cleaners Union Votes To Authorize Strike If Necessary; Unions Protest Economic Conditions

(credit: Malgorzata Zielinska)

Do you think the workers will go on strike?  Share your thoughts in the comments section below…

Comments

1. Jim Charles says:

What do you pay in dues each month to SEIU? Over a lifetime?

Would you be better off if you had taken that money and gone to school and gone something different. I live in a large city in the south and people make that much cleaning buildings and the cost of living and aggravation is half of what NYC is.

Wake up people.

1. I P Standing says:

yes if you had “gone something different” you must be a public school grad

2. Richard says:

How many actually speak English?

3. picolo says:

Let them strike and then fire them. smart union reps striking during the worst financial crisis of this and the last century.

4. Mike says:

I am sure there are a ton of unemployed people who could only dream about earning $22.65 an hour to clean buildings.

2. Jigs says:

Fire them and hire people who will actually DO something! I was at the JFK terminal and I was perfectly disgusted with the mess! Three janitors sat and talked together and ignored trash laying all over the place. All the toilets were clogged in the restroom, and the place was totally filthy (and stank to high heaven). The janitors seemed oblivious to it all. It looked like some comedy routine, except it was real life New York!

1. Regulas says:

Agree, and ban all public sector union. If you are paid by tax dollars, NO Union.

1. NCT says:

Exactly! Exactly! Exactly!

2. Neal says:

Dolt. It’s not a public sector.

3. Rod Anders says:

What line do I stand in to get one of those strikers’ jobs?

4. bigjet says:

Go on strike you get fired. Hire someone new. NEXT.

1. Barry A Kenyan says:

You sir are correct

5. Linda Green says:

Well Glory Bee. The greedy have woke up but would probably not get rid of their good wages they recieve at the cost of American Families. In order for these greedy unions to make their great pay taxes have to be paid and down the line. Americans suffer for the greedy. Get rid of all unions. Like they don’t know what is going on. Liars all. Rank these people right up there with Obama and Holder.

6. wallace1303 says:

All you had to do is see the SEIU was involved and you just knew this so-called story was liberal propaganda.

7. gavin says:

Oh no! Now who won’t clean?

8. Clearhead56 says:

The strike is probably protesting the cleanup necessary after the HF (human filth) OWSers(obnoxious worthless simpletons) have been driven back to their mothers’ basements. We should feel for them — having the job of cleaning up after those bums. 99% ers means they spend 99% of their time whining and disrupting our Country. Thank goodness they only represent maybe 1% of our population.

9. forrest says:

If they strike will anyone notice? How about we just fire these lazy and overcompensated losers, ban all public employee unions, and hire people who are actually wiling to work for a reasonable wage.

10. mikey says:

Unions=Greed. They no longer are needed. They exist to rip off workers, give $$$ to Demos and give fat salaries to the leaders. They are like pigs at an endless trough and should be treated as such using cattle prods so they don’t beat up old people in wheel chairs.

11. Mr. R says:

NYC is the cesspool of America. Avoid the place!!! Janitors whining about a $47,999 salary….give me a break! Lazy, useless, money-grubbing, SEIU clowns…

1. Rogueco says:

$48k a year is apparently too low…. but what about including the benefits recieved? That $48k is thiers to keep – no need to pay out of pocket for full coverage health insurance or a fat pension. Those extra benefits are probably worth about $20k/year. So $68k in compensation is STILL not good enough for an unskilled position?

12. Rita Ippolito says:

more Union GREED…these guys already make out very well….

check it out…

when will it end…more taxes to pay for 100K janitors????

1. retphxfire says:

More American ignorance. Rita, instead of calling out the unions, how about the likes of Trump etal who make millions on their buildings, but like all other ignorant and ungrateful people, you condemn those who are being asked to take less.

1. Marto says:

LOL, more liberal ignorance. The likes of Trump et al don’t make millions, they EARN millions. If I were a janitor pulling in $50k a year off the tax payers back, I would shut my no-skills azz and get back to work before somebody figured out how overpaid I was…….

2. paul smith says:

As a math teacher with a masters degree in Math I currently make $35,000 in my school district in Colorado. I feel pretty well compensated. I guess I should have not wasted my time in working hard in High school, College, and Grad school. I could have stopped studying in the 6th grade and started cleaning floors in NYC. Let’s let the market decide wages.

1. MikeC711 says:

Paul, It is somewhat rare for a teacher to be a free-market person … but kudos for not believing the OWS/union line. I have a cousin in PA who worked in a state hospital probably making only about $50K after 30 years but … he retired at 48 (after 30 years) and will receive FULL salary + cost of living for the rest of his life. In a real market, that is an absurd benefit … but in a union shop in a union state … the taxPayers are stuck with it.

13. ConcernedNYCitizen says:

So if this data is accurate, http://www.unionfacts.com/lu/11661/SEIU/32/ the *average* employee of the union makes something like 30% more that the highest rate for a cleaner? No union members find that troublesome?

Average Total Compensation: $62,103.25
    Total Employees: 398
    Employees Making more than $75,000: 83

1. feed up says:

Good catch. So one in five makes over $75,000 annually plus benefits. Which is more like $100,000 annually. If a $100k employee can only supervise 4 workers they are substantially overpaid.

14. MichelleObama'sGreasyPurpleTaint says:

Unemployment is at 9%. Go ahead and strike. I hope not a single one of you entitled parasites ever works again. $47K to push a mop and they are upset?

1. retphxfire says:

First, you are obviously a very offensive person. Second, it’s New York City, $47K is not a large salary and why should some who ‘pushes’ a mop, cleaning up your messes, have to make less just because you think their job is a joke? You are the joke, but your ‘name’ is just the rant of a pathetic little person.

1. retphxfireisamoron says:

because anyone can do their job, you chump

2. Rich Davis says:

It sure isn’t rocket science!

3. John Moser says:

I clean up my own messes. You ought to try it. $50k is a generous salary anywhere. These union thieves should be fired…then set on fire, just to be sure. As to Taint’s name, he should have called himself President Slappy’s Taint. That would be just about the same as insulting your stupid tongue.

15. Bob A says:

Couldn’t happen to a nicer liberal sh## hole. Keep voting for those Democrats and you will keep getting communist unions!

16. Cogiito says:

People are lined up waist deep for one of those jobs.

1. MikeC711 says:

Not so sure that is true. Don’t forget, many folks there (and everywhere) are entitled to a pretty good living w/out working at all. I deal with these folks all the time and when someone suggests that they could get a job to improve their status in life … they look at them with a blank stare as if to say … why would I do that … when I can live off of your job.

17. Aimes Janchell says:

I once told my good friend Charles Bronson, to get the hell out of that toilet(NYC). I now invite you all to do the same.

1. Chris, AZ says:

NO they need to stay there, we don’t need them bringing their corruption, greed, and socialist ideals to other states, In Az. we have to deal with all the California people who are feeling the state because of it’s policies and laws, They get here and try to implement the same thing they left behind.

1. gavin says:

“In Az. we have to deal with all the California people who are feeling the state because of it’s policies and laws”

I plan to bail on California precisely because I am NOT feeling the state and its policies and laws. Full Disclosure: I recently filed for an injunction against a commenter exploiting obvious typos and obfuscating the meaning and thus diminishing the impact of a post and I lost.

1. tattoo says:

He means that the people from California ARE “FEELING” Az. policies and laws. At least the Az. state govt is pretending to protect their citizens. The feds won’t do that.

2. JustMe says:

OMG, the spelling/grammar police have arrived! Just relax and read the comments and don’t worry yourself silly about a few typos. RELAX life is good.

18. rowley says:

Who cares. NYC loves stench and filth Occupy bunch no one will notice a strike.

19. JOSE says:

THERE ARE 30 MILLION ILLEGAL ALIENS IN THE USA AT THIS MOMENT AND ANY ONE OF THEM WILL DO THESE HALFWITS JOBS FOR 7.00 AN HOUR WITH NO BENNIFITS NO DAYS OFF AND NO CHANCE OF A RAISE EVER…BETTER WATCH YOUR BACKS OR YOU WILL BE BEGGING ON THE STREET CORNER FOR NICKLES

1. feeecheese says:

If Regan were mayor, he could de-certify the union and give the jobs to jail trustees and offenders on probation.
      They would be more efficient , dependable, and certainly more greatful to have a job.

2. DJ says:

Maybe the illegal immigrants will know how to spell benefits and nickels

1. JustMe says:

Come on, get your nose a little higher in the air, stuffy!

20. Ken says:

Whatever happened to common sense? In this economy, no union should complain about what they have. On the same token, unions are necessary to ensure worker rights and prevent abuse of workers. $47000 is a fair wage in NYC, as it is extremely expensive here. My wife and I make approx $170K a year and it buys us comfortable in NYC. To blame the unions for the downfall of the economy is stupid. Unions have gotten greedy, but so has management. In other countries, unions work with management in companies and even has positions on their board of directors so relations between unions and companies are not as contentious. Both sides need to not be greedy and work together.

1. freecheese says:

Ken: Oh yea? See what the UAW has done to the auto industry.
      The “bail-out” is nothing more than a band-aid, and it will return to haunt Detroit and the Big Three again in just a few years.
      The reason they hit bottom was they were paying assembly line workers unreasonable wages, due to outrageous demands from the UAW every other year.
      Unskilled line workers were paid 80-K plus in wages and benifets to screw on 6-lug nuts on a wheel — with a hangover.
      When the car left the assembly line, those who drove the cars to the staging area were being paid 78-K per year to do so. That was nothing more than a valet’ driver’s job at a casino. Most of those folks work for tips.
      Liberals will NEVER admit that the jobs driven overseas were due to excessive demands made by unions.
      Boeing of Seattle was crippled with 11 union strikes in 5-years. They decided (3-years ago) to open a plant in right-to-work South Carolina. The Obama administration — beholden to the union dues that wind up in DNC coffers, killed the deal, along with thousand of non-union jobs.
      The beloved liberal “Green Energy” jobs are being sent to China, because China can make solar panals — who’s shelf life never pays for the unit — much cheaper than union workers in the states.
      The U.S. Steel plants drove production to South Korea — particulary to Po Hang.
      The U. S. Merchant Marine was destroyed by unions. I could go on-and-on, but I think I made my point. I just touched the tip of the union iceberg.

2. j black says:

I disagree. I live in NYC and I make 28,000 a year. My kid doesn’t stave to death, and I receive NO government help. 170,000 is only merely “comfortable” if you are spending your money poorly, quite frankly, But if that’s what people pay you in the private sector than, by all means, carry on, my friend, carry on! It’s certainly none of my business. No, my problem with NYC is we insist on paying 60,000-75,000 and upwards a year to unionized city employees who do work that’s about a minimum wage position, and unions are a large part of that problem. This is where OWS gets it wrong. Not everyone who mooches off the working public is rich. I consider the vast overpaid city employed more damaging to the working public in the aggregate than the few number of absurdly compensated CEOs.

21. David Flowers says:

Worthless union people. They’ll dog it all day long and look for reasons not to do work. Give the office workers vacuums, let them take their own trash out, and give them rotating duty to clean the restrooms. Fire every single one of the lazy, no good union men and women!

1. BILL MCNEAL says:

REMEMBER “OBAMA OR AMERICA YOU CAN’T HAVE BOTH” !!!

22. Alberto F. says:

After the SEIU, Occupy and Obama get their Communism then they can cut that wage back down to it’s real value, a buck an hour. That’s what Fidel pays in Cuba.

23. BILL MCNEAL says:

Fw#$$@%$KTHE SEIU AND ANYOTHER UNION, THAT WY AMERICA IS IN RED RIGHT NOW!! THEY ARE ALL OVER PAID AND UNDER WORKED!!!F#%$%#@K ALL OF THEM!!@! REMEMBER OBAMA OR AMERICA WE CAN’T HAVE BOTH!!!!!!!!!VOTE THE MF’R OUT IN 2012!!!!

24. Glen says:

The union says that the highest rate for its cleaners is $22.65 per hour, which amounts to about $47,000 annually”

Well this is where I do get bent with the union and I am a union employee. The highest paid are making what I am making with a college degree in Science. They shouldn’t be making more than $15.00 an hour. There is no incentive for them to do better as long as the union keeps overvaluing their wages.

1. Alexis says:

It’s New York Genius. The cost f living is extremely high there. Don’t get bent with unions, get bent from not knowing what you’re talking about!

1. j black says:

I live in NYC, and I still think that’s too high.

2. JR says:

I lived in the Bay Area and less than 10 years ago, I was making 20 bucks an hour as an RN in a critical care unit. I know how much it costs there. It’s not that much more than where I came from.

It’s total BS to pay a janitor 22 bucks an hour, let alone more, in these’ tough economic times’. Unskilled, no degree, it’s ridiculous.

25. Michael P Coleman says:

Conservative and Republicans will pick up after themselves. The liberals won’t ! look what happened at the Washington mall, when the liberals left the mall ! then look at the mall after Glen Beck’s people left the mall. Not any garbage left, at Glens day. New Years Eve at Times Square when the liberal’s left. Quite a difference of class of people !

26. BillV says:

Half of the protesters were disappointed when they arrived only to find out 32BJ meant something entirely different than what they pictured.

27. BillV says:

$47,000??? Can anyone recommend a good Janitorial Arts College? I think I went down the wrong path.

28. Massimo Deportado says:

Janitorial work?

Millions of American would LOVE to be working and these spoiled little snots have the nerve to threaten a strike?

GO FOR IT. Reap the whirlwind……

1. lonespectator says:

There Janitors. It’s not a career, I’ts an entry level job. Fire them all, stop unionisation of low-end jobs, and hire students and elderly

1. dave david says:

well,i’m a non union janitor for 23 years.one might call that a career.22.65 is more than i make but NY is an expensive town.I wonder if that is really the whole story or if there is overtime and other benefits that factor in which can add a lot to the total package.

29. Occupy commercials building or is that commercial buildings says:

“Thousands of office cleaners and commercials building workers with the 32BJ Service Employees International Union voted to allow their bargaining committee to call a strike. “

30. Uh oh, there goes the neighborhood says:

I am heading to NY. I see 22,000 jobs opening up! It would be nice to have a regular gig again!

31. Mike Alright says:

Please do strike! I would enjoy seeing NYkers misery.

1. BillV says:

Yeah, I would like to see those commercial buildings make do with unskilled replacement janitors. The 2 hours of training and whatnot, it’s gonna be pure hell.

32. keith says:

I got a wonderful idea… let’s privatize this job by putting it out to bid and these same people can interview with the new company for half the pay and bennies they have now!

What an eye opener for Union members on how much the “real world” pays for talentless labor and yes I once did janitorial work for a few years and it doesn’t take “einstein” to do it either.

33. BigBoa says:

Don’t you know?

They’re supposed to be making as much as the CEOs do….

After all, they push a mop and empty cans. Certainly they carry as much responsibility as the CEOs do. Odd thing though…. The occupiers want a “guaranteed wage” of $20 an hour. So these guys are already making more than that. On top of it all, these kooks not only want more money, they demand “more jobs”. You KNOW that isn’t because they’re concerned for their “fellow man”…. They want more workers so THEY can do LESS for their increase in pay…..

And then wonder why people think they’re nuts……

34. Kelvin says:

The Occupy cretins, who trash everywhere they go, defecating and urinating all over everything supporting the janitors?
    Must be how OWS thanks others for cleaning up the filth they leave behind.
    Do you think perhaps the OWS (Out of Work Slobs) who protested in Zucotti Park will line up to fill the janitors jobs?
    Not for a NY minute.

35. Crosscut says:

Replace them all with illegals. They’d probably do a better job for a lot less money.

36. US provoked accident of 911 says:

Yeah I know, this is another terror alert. Gothamites are such parasites. Take this jumbo jet of trillion dollar graft and shove it.

37. slickzip says:

Let them go out on strike and see who has the guts to see how long they will go without a pay check ?

38. MALACHI says:

until I started working 2 jobs, they made way more than me. These f*cking people are a joke. You dont the job you do? Get a new one and shut the f*ck up!!!!!!!!!! 22.85 AN HOUR AND THEY ARE BITCHING???? LMAO

39. rje says:

47,000 a year, to mop floors. i hope they go on strike. then every single one of them can be replaced by non-union workers.

40. SJMAus says:

Where did we suddenly get this notion that no matter how unskilled your job, that you must be paid enough to buy a house, support a family of 4 etc? I’m sorry, but unless you graduate from high school and get some skills, you may have to work more than one job

41. HabibiColon says:

They are too strong. 32bj will win. Building owners are no different than wall street. They don’t want to share the wealth. They could always take their cleaning in house like the hotels do. The cleaners do make an unfair wage but not in the city, the cleaners in westchester, conn, ect that make 12.50 an hour. They almost all have to work two jobs to make a living. That’s where the focus should be. In the city you have cleaners that make more than their managers with twice as good benefits.

42. Mr. Fightback says:

Remember what Pete Seeger once sang; “Which side are you on?” Obviously, some people are taken in by the one-tenth of 1% wealthy who prefer you attack your fellow workers instead of the people who profit from our stress.

1. Canof Sand says:

“the people who profit from our stress”
      You mean… your EMPLOYER? The people without which you wouldn’t be EMPLOYED? Poor? Destitute? The ones ACTUALLY fighting UNEMPLOYMENT in this country? That’s how you characterize them? Screw you.

43. LiberalsRDopes says:

Unions, where business goes to die…..

44. Glory Knott says:

Just hire illegal Africans who are now in nyc business aka ..”the new Mexicans”
    and they don’t complain either.

45. Alll Dummies says:

Here we go again – bunch of dummies bashing the unions – Unions are the only Honest things left in this country today – I am a union electrical worker and I do make a fair salary but most important I am held accountable – I work for a private contractor and I need to produce a certain amount EVERYDAY or i get fired – WOW what a concept — do not look at how much I make look to see if I take RESPONSIBLITY for myself – anyone posting should post what they do for a living and how much they make before they bash someone else

1. Sonny V. says:

Note: The Union fails to mention the costs of HEALTH BENEFITS, vacations, sick pay, holiday pay, clinic pay and floating holiday pay. Each 32BJ member gets 10 sick days per year. The TRUE cost for EACH 32BJ member is about $77,000 per year. Most of the members perform work that you would call unskilled: Mopping floors, shoveling snow, removing trash. Also, the Union just moved into multi million dollar headquarters in Chelsea.

1. Sonny V. says:

But they don’t deserve MORE than what they are getting now! Where else in this country does someone who mops floors earn over $75k a year? I am sure a lot of people would ask to work those jobs for less of what they are getting now.

1. abt4u says:

Sonny V – My hope is that the union workers go on strike and then get canned, immediately. There are thousands of people (all legal US citizens) who would love to be employed making 1/2 that amount.

2. abt4u says:

I would rather you look for another job that has what you are looking for. Even if it means moving to another city to accomplish this.

What is it with this term “rich”, anyway? What does that even mean? If I make $40K a year, but have lived well within my means for decades, then I am likely someone who you would refer to as “rich”.

3. dave david says:

thanks for putting this up.i had a feeling there was more to this story than 22.65

2. Tommy says:

I OWN a Union flooring company and my Unionized employees make more than I make with their ridiculous wages and benefit packages. $45/hr + $28/hr in benefits = $73/hr x 40hrs x 50 weeks = $146,000 per year for a guy laying floors. If you think that is reasonable you are out of your mind. Unions are the most corrupt organizations in this country – look how many business agents are in jail for racketeering, organized crime ties, bribery, tax evasion, etc.

3. archer says:

Unions are destroying this country, how much would a job that you work on cost if it was done by a non union company? Do have any idea how much union wages increase the cost of a car? How about 8,000 dollars…………………….. No, Ill stick to non union shops where pedophiles, drug addicts, and criminals are not protected by being in the union…………………..

4. shempus says:

pipe down, left a r d union hack. It’s not what you make, it’s how you make it, and how much whining you do. There is no RIGHT to make any certain amount just because you think it’s ‘fair’. Go back to work now.

5. unionhunter says:

Alll Dummies? You have certainly picked the right moniker. The unions are the farthest thing from honest there can be. I know because my paycheck is raped by a teacher union every month. If they were honest they would be at-will meaning they don’t force workers to pay them regardless of whether you want to have anything to do with them or not. Freedom is honest and unions hate freedom otherwise they’d allow all workers the freedom to choose to join and pay or NOT. You are a joke!

1. freecheese says:

Maybe it might be difficult to do so, or perhaps you’re too late in life. I would suggest that you move to a right-to-work state. You don’t have to belong to a union.
        My daughter-in-law has a PhEd and she is happy as can be. OBTW. All of our right-to-work states are in the South.

6. Union For Dummies says:

Unions Honest? You can type that with a straight face?

I worked in the Union for 6 years and it was a waste of money. The only ones that get anything from the union are the trouble makers.

You say you are held accountable. So what about teachers union, are they accountable for the poor education in this country. Do they receive a deduction in pay for every student that fails? You are full of it. You know as well as everyone else on here that your boss can not up and fire you for not filling your “quota”. Your employer would have to fill out a stacks of paper work and fight your union and he’d more than likely loose even though you yourself knew you weren’t doing your job.

Certified Professional Medical Coder = $17hr. zero sick time and two weeks vacation. I can guarantee there’s more skill in medical coding than pushing a mop.

7. BILL MCNEAL says:

YOU WORK FOR A UNION CONTRACTOR WHO IS FORSED TO PAY PREVALING WAGE (I MITE OF MISED SPELLED IT) THEM ME ONE THING WHEN YOU GET PAID (MORE THEN THE NEXT WIRE PULLER) IS THE WIRE YOU PULL AND THE LIGHTS YOU GUYS PUT IN ANY BETTER THEN THE NON UNION GUYS JOB??? ARE THE LIGHTS ANY BRITER THE THE OTHER GUYS??NO !!!REMEMBER;OBAMA OR AMERICA YOU CAN;T HAVE BOTH!!! UNDER WORKED /OVER PAID!!!F#@$%^K THE UNIONS!!!!

8. BILL MCNEAL says:

HAY READ ALL THE REPLY’S ! DEAD WOOD THATS WHAT THE GOV.AND THE UNIONS HAVE DONE TO THE AMERICAN WORKES TODAY YOU BECOME REAL DEAD WOOD AND YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW IT, TRY TO WORK IN THE REAL WORLD AFTER WORKING FOE A UNION, YOU WON’T MAKE IT! WE NEED MORE RIGHT TO WORK STATES!!! REMEMBER OBAMA OR AMERICA YOU CAN’T HAVE BOTH!!!

46. walter says:

unions are destroying the economy and country

1. Guenevere Dean says:

Union mebership is less than 8% of the toal work force. I think the unorganized 92% is responsible for all the economic destruction.

1. Union For Dummies says:

I think it’s the 100% in congress that are responsible for the economic destructions. They allow the 8% the screw the 92%.

2. Canof Sand says:

Yet you’re probably one of the people attacking the 1% — but how can THEY be responsible for anything when obviously they’re a minority??!!!1111! You can’t even be consistent with your own ridiculously stupid faux logic.

3. BILL MCNEAL says:

HAY DEAN, DID YOU FORGET ABOUT ALL THE CITY GOV. UNION WORKERS?THE 2% IS REALY APPROX 12%REMEMBER “OBAMA OR AMERICA YOU CAN’T HAVE BOTH” VOTE THE M%%$@##%^KER OUT!!!!!!!

2. BILL MCNEAL says:

WALTER , THIS SHOULD BE YOUR 2012 CALL TO ARMS; “OBAMA OR AMERICA YOU CAN’T HAVE BOTH” IF YOU FEEL THE SAME PASS IT ON TO A FRIEND AND SO ON AND SO ON,WE GOOD AMERICANS NEED TO STOP ALL UN AMERICAN B/S…

47. Tommy says:

In a household of 4 there should be 2 parents and 2 children. If both parents are “low wage” cleaners at $47,000 per year (plus free benefits) that is a total of $94,000 (plus free healthcare, pension, etc.). If you cannot live on that you need to have your head examined. Yes, I agree that $47,000 is not enough. 1 parent cannot stay home and earn no income – welcome to America in the 21st century – both parents need to work.

1. Sonny V says:

1. Guenevere Dean says:

Hand the office workers a toilet scrubber. Priceless.

48. ma ma mommy says:

should strike after you get your christmas tips.

49. NOT A JOKE! says:

UNIONS ARE ALL KNOWN TO BE GREEDY PEOPLE…

I HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING MY FAMILY OF FOUR FOR SEVEN YEARS ON AN ANNUAL FAMILY INCOME OF $10,000.00 DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT A JOKE!

Comments are closed.