CBS2-Header-Logo WFAN 1010WINS WCBS tiny WLNYLogo

News

Father And Son Die Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Queens

View Comments
Carbon monoxide poisoning in Ozone Park (credit: CBS 2)

Carbon monoxide poisoning in Ozone Park (credit: CBS 2)

TRI-STATE NEWS HEADLINES

From our newsroom to your inbox weekday mornings at 9AM.
Sign Up

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Two men were found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Investigators know the levels were high enough to kill 29-year-old Aaron Chen and his 66-year-old father Kuo-Kung at their first floor apartment on 101st Avenue in Ozone Park, but they have not yet pinpointed the the source.

“The son always walked his dog. It’s very sad because it could be any one of us,” said neighbor Annette Ming.

Neighbors told CBS 2′s Dave Carlin that the daughter of the homeowner arrived at the house in a panic because she had been unable to reach her loved ones by phone.

Paramedics and firefighters arrived, both with portable carbon monoxide detectors that immediately registered high levels.

Investigators think the men had been dead for many hours. A third man who lives upstairs was hospitalized with poisoning symptoms and is expected to make a full recovery.

Investigators say the apartment’s heat is electric and all fuel burning devices checked out fine.

Neighbors became aware of the tragedy as firefighters and other investigators went door to door, checking carbon monoxide levels on the block.

“The Fire Department came to all cause it’s a strip. They said everything is okay,” Ming said.

Please leave a comment below…

View Comments