Model Kate Upton Stuns On Cover Of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Model Kate Upton has joined the elite group of beauties to have graced the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue.

The Florida native – who reportedly makes her home in the Big Apple and is represented by IMG Models – is shown sizzling up the beaches of Sydney on the cover of this year’s issue.

Upton is 19 years old. She now joins iconic beauties like Kathy Ireland, Christie Brinkley, Cheryl Tiegs, Heidi Klum, Elle MacPherson, Tyra Banks and Brooklyn Decker, who have all graced the cover.

EXTRA: Upton Talks With WFAN’s Boomer & Carton

The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit franchise reaches more than 70 million people each year, the magazine boasts, offering quite a boost to the coveted cover model’s career.

kateupton Model Kate Upton Stuns On Cover Of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue

Kate Upton is the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2012 Cover Model. Swimsuit 2012 is on sale now on newsstands, tablet, mobile and SI.com/Swimsuit. (credit: Credit: Walter Iooss Jr./Sports Illustrated)

For more information about Kate Upton or the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue, click here.

A video of Upton doing “The Dougie” went viral on YouTube, garnering more than 3 million views. Check it out below.

Good choice or not? Sound off in our comments section below.

Comments

1. WhoCares says:

Great Abs.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2. Pamela Brown says:

Couldn’t they find her a better fitting swim suit??? That top is not very flattering to her assets….suddenly I am hungry for some flapjacks…..off to Denny’s.

3. PETE says:

This Swimmsuit Issue may be very attractive for some skinny people, but how about the “curvy, sexy women” represented by the Sorella Swimsuit company. These Swimsuit Magazines miss a major part of the women population by bringing models with figures nearly nobody has!! Swimsuits for skinny women are easily fitted and made. Just try to show a nice fitting swimsuit on a curvy woman!!

4. Rowwdy says:

I guess I am more particular. I don’t like women whose b o o bs look like 2 big soup bowels spread across their cheat and become part of their armpits. In 10 years her b o o bs are going to be on her navel. Her hair looks like straw. Airbrushing does wonders. My wife, after birthing 3 babies (all at once) definitely has a nicer shape.

1. picklewalker says:

I gotta agree. Dang, her bosom looks like a 40 year old that breast fed 5 kids!

5. Smoking Suzanne says:

oh my goodness, all the chicks look great. After 3 children I can only dream of looking like that and then I’ll wake up sweating from the reality of working out..EVERYDAY ! I was just commenting that for the past two days the paper has been like a girlie magazine without the price.

6. CT Native says:

She’s sure a beauty, but not as beautiful as my wife. Happy Valentine’s Day Honey!!!

1. Bklyn mom says:

That is sweet! What a nice husband.

2. Rowwdy says:

WTG CT…best darn comment on here.

7. Old news says:

She old news and has already had the cover before. There were many other girls that look just as good (if not better). I think SI should have a different girl every year.

1. KPMc says:

She was an inset last year, not the actual “cover” model.

Not that hard to look up as it is 2012 and we have this thing called the interweb.

8. Mike says:

God … she’s perfect . . hottest girl on the planet !

1. Rowwdy says:

Sang, you are easily pleased Mike.

1. Rowwdy says:

Sang, you are easily pleased Mike.

Sorry for typo. I meant “dang” instead of “sang”.

Comments are closed.