NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Chef Kristin Sollene from Vucciria stopped by the CBS 2 studios to suggest a healthy breakfast option: an egg white frittata!
Check out the restaurant by clicking here.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chopped blanched asparagus
- 1 ounce smoked salmon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Heat olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, and the salmon. Cook and stir briefly to release the flavors.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites and pour over the salmon and asparagus, and stir gently.
- Cook over medium heat without stirring, until the edges appear firm.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven, and bake for 20 minutes, or until nicely browned and puffed.
- Flip onto a serving plate, and cut into wedges to serve.