NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Let March Madness begin!
To mark the madcap mayhem motivating many men, Chef Paul Corsentino of The National stopped by the CBS 2 studios to get grilling for the big games.
For more information about The National, click here.
- 8oz Ground Beef Patty (preferably chuck, brisket, short rib blend)
- 1 thinly sliced Tomato
- 2 leafs of bib lettuce
- 1 slice of pickled red onion
- 5 pieces pickled jalapenos
- 5 pieces pickled kirby cucumber
- 1 slice Gruyere cheese
- 1 tablespoon NTL burger sauce
- 1 onion roll bun, sliced in Half
On a grill or hot sauté pan cook the patty until desired temperature (preferably medium rare), and place the slice cheese on the top of the patty until it melts. Toast the bun and place one piece of lettuce on the bottom of the bun and the top of the bun. Next place the burger on the bottom followed by all the pickles, the sauce, the tomato and the top of the bun.
- 2 Cups Ketchup
- 1 Cup Japanese Mayonnaise
- ½ Cup BBQ
- ½ Cup A-1 Sauce
- 1/8 Cups Dijon Mustard
Combine all ingredients and mix with a whisk until well incorporated.
Pickled Red Onion
- 2 Cups Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1/8 cup salt
- 2 Star Anise
- 1 cinnamon stick.
- about two red onions sliced thinly
Mix vinegar, salt, sugar, star anise and cinnamon and bring to a boil. Once the pickling liquid is boiling, pour the liquid over onions and cover. The pickled onions are ready once the onions are cooled.
- 2 Cups Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1.25 Cups Sugar
- 8-10 Jalapenos
Mix vinegar, salt and sugar together in a pot and boil. Once liquid is boiling pour over Jalapenos and cover. Once Jalapenos have cooled they are ready for use
Pickled Kirby Cucumbers
- 1 Cups Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Cup Distilled White Vinegar
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1/8 Cup salt
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Tumeric
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Seed
- About 5 Kirby Cucumbers sliced thinly
Mix vinegar, salt, sugar, Ground Tumeric, and Coriander together in a pot and boil. Once liquid is boiling pour over Jalapenos and cover. Once Jalapenos have cooled they are ready for use.