NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – This Sunday is Mother’s Day, and in honor of that, one of CBS 2′s own is cooking up a childhood favorite with her mother.
- Crescent rolls (enough to fit 8 X 8 baking dish)
- Taco chips, crumbled
- Ground beef 1 lb. with taco seasoning
- 8 oz. sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- – Chopped tomatoes
- – Lettuce
- – Olives
- – Onions
- – Mild taco sauce, as topping
- – Etc… whatever you please
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place crescent rolls shaped to fit an 8 X 8 baking dish. Bake until firm, but not brown.
- Brown hamburger meat, and drain excess grease.
- Add taco seasoning, mix according to package directions.
- Place a layer of seasoned ground beef on firm crescent rolls, followed by crumbled taco chips, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layering process until the baking dish is full.
- Top with crumbled taco chips.
- Bake in oven, uncovered, at 350 degrees for approximately 15 – 20 min until the cheese is melted.