Tony’s Table: Taste Of Tomorrow
NEW YORK(CBS2) – CBS 2’s Tony Tantillo is back in the kitchen with a recipe that you can throw together in just a few minutes using leftover meat.
Tony’s Taste of Tomorrow
1/2 lb. chicken or beef (whichever leftover you have)
6 oz. white mushroom slices
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. white onion, chopped fine
1/4 cup olive oil
14 oz. whole, peeled tomatoes
2 oz. Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
2 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cubanelle pepper, sliced
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan.
- Add garlic and onions.
- When they’re translucent, add mushrooms, cubanelle pepper slices, and 2 oz. water.
- Simmer for about half a minute to allow the mixture to reduce.
- Squeeze tomatoes by hand to break them up then add to pan.
- Add meat to pan, cover, and then cook for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Top with Pecorino Romano and Parmesan cheese then serve.