2 In The Kitchen: Thai Tea French Toast Recipe
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – For today’s segment, Chef Hong Thaimee of Ngam Restaurant stopped by the CBS 2 studios with a Thai twist on a breakfast classic.
For more information on Ngam Restaurant, click here.
Thai Tea French Toast by Chef Hong Thaimee
- 1 cup brewed Thai tea (4 tablespoons loose Thai tea with 1 cup of water)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar (natural brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk
- a pinch salt
- 8 (1/2-inch) slices brioche or challah bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- optional (powder sugar and condensed milk)
In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together brewed Thai tea, eggs, turbinado sugar, condensed milk and salt.
Dip bread into mixture, allow to soak for 30 seconds on each side.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch saute pan on a medium heat high. Then, place 2 slices of bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 minute per side. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of powder sugar and condensed milk.