Tony’s Table: Scallops With Spring Vegetables
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — In the latest edition of Tony’s Table, CBS 2′s Tony Tantillo heads to Alison Eighteen, where Executive Chef Robert Gurvich shows up how to cook up a delicious dish — scallops with spring vegetables and lemon.
8 ea. 10-12 count scallops (fresh day boat preferred)
½ cup snow peas (cut into bite size pieces)
½ cup English peas (out of pod)
¼ cup Fava Beans (out of pod)
½ pint mixed Cherry Tomatoes
3 ea. Scallions (slice thinly the white part only)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
(1) 2 inch piece of rosemary
(1) clove of garlic
Lemon cut in half
1. Blanch the fava beans in boiling, salted water for two minutes. Remove and shock in ice water. Continue this process for the snow peas and English peas but blanching only for one minute. Drain and reserve all vegetables and set aside.
2. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Place the seasoned scallops in an already heated medium sized heavy bottom sauté pan. Cook on medium heat for one minute before placing in oven at 325 degrees. Continue to cook for three minutes.
3. In another pan, add garlic and slightly brown. Then add the rosemary and place all vegetables except tomatoes into pan and bring up the heat for approximately two minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Remove scallops from the oven and flip them but do not place on heat.
5. In the second sauté pan add the tomatoes. Add a quick squeeze of the lemon.
6. Remove scallops from pan and place on paper towels for a moment.
7. Place the scallops on your serving dish and garnish with the vegetables. Finish the dish by drizzling with the olive oil and another squeeze of lemon. Serve immediately.