Hillary Clinton, Lady Gaga Make Forbes Magazine’s World’s 100 Most Powerful Women
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) - Who are the most powerful women in the world?
According to Forbes Magazine a few New Yorkers are, including Lada Gaga, J-Lo and Hillary Clinton.
On Wednesday, Forbes revealed its 9th annual ranking of the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women. German Chancellor Angela Merkel topped this year’s list, followed by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Bronx native Jennifer Lopez made the list for the first time this year coming in at number 38, while Manhattan’s own Lady Gaga, the youngest woman on the list, found a spot at number 14.
“This year’s Power Women exert influence in very different ways, and to very different ends, and all with very different impacts on the global community,” said Moira Forbes, President & Publisher, ForbesWoman. “Whether leading multi-billion-dollar companies, governing countries, shaping the cultural fabric of our lives, or spearheading humanitarian initiatives, collectively these women are changing the planet in profoundly powerful and dynamic ways.”
Here is a list of the top 15:
1) Angela Merkel, Chancellor, Germany
2) Hillary Rodham, Clinton Secretary of State, U.S.
3) Dilma Rouseff, President, Brazil
4) Melinda Gates, Co-chair, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, U.S.
5) Jill Abramson, Executive Editor, The New York Times, U.S.
6) Sonia Gandhi, President, Indian National Congress Party, India
7) Michelle Obama, First Lady, U.S.
8) Christine Lagarde, Managing Director, International Monetary Fund, U.S.
9) Janet Napolitano, Secretary of Homeland Security, U.S.
10) Sheryl Sandberg, COO Facebook, U.S.
11) Oprah Winfrey, Media Mogul, U.S.
12) Indra Nooyi, CEO, PepsiCo, U.S.
13) Irene Rosenfeld, CEO, Kraft, U.S.
14) Lady Gaga, Entertainer, U.S
15) Virginia Rometty, CEO, IBM, U.S.
Are you surprised by the picks? Let us know below.