2 In The Kitchen: Filet Mignon Sliders And Potatoes Romanoff From The Strip House
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – 2 In The Kitchen is kicking off Back To School Meals week, featuring healthy meals for busy families. Monday, Chef Michael Vignola stopped by the CBS 2 studios to cook up Filet Mignon sliders and Potatoes Romanoff.
Filet Mignon Sliders With Spicy Mayo
- 1 12 oz Filet Mignon Steak
- 1 Oz Blended oil
- Pinch Cracked Black Pepper
- Pinch Kosher Salt
- Tablespoon Clarified Butter
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Cup Chopped Arugula
- 1 Grilled Tomato
1. In a pre-heated 400 degree oven put your cast iron pan inside for 10 minutes.
2. While the pan is heating up cut the 12oz Fillet Mignon into 4 equal slices width wise .
3. Once pan in hot place onto stovetop on high heat, make sure to have adequate ventilation .
4. Pour the blended oil over the steaks to give them a light coating.
Tip:* It is important not to over oil the steaks so that the proper char can be achieved with out burning them*
5. Season steaks liberally with kosher salt and black pepper .
6. Place steaks down carefully into hot cast iron skillet. * This should produce a little smoke*
7. Sear the steaks for One and a half minutes per side for medium rare.
8. Once steaks are seared allow them to rest while we assemble the sliders.
9. To assemble sliders cut bun in half, spread mayo on both halves, lay chopped arugula down, grilled plum tomatoes, fillet mignon and thinly sliced avocado .
Courtesy Of Chef Michael Vignola
- 2 Cups Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Sriachi Chili Sauce
- 1 Pc Lime Zested and Juiced
- 1 Pc Lemon Zested and Juiced
In a medium bowl mix all ingredients with a wooden spoon.
Courtesy of Strip House Corporate Executive Chef John Schenk
- 3 Idaho Potatoes
- 3 large Shallots, minced
- 12 ounces Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/3 Tsp. Ground White Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap potatoes in aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes until soft. Refrigerate potatoes overnight.
- Peel and coarsely grate potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the grated potato, minced shallots, salt and pepper. Add 2/3 of the grated cheddar cheese and mix. Add the sour cream and gently incorporate until the potato mixture is light and fluffy.
- Lightly oil a 9×12 inch baking dish and spread the Romanoff mixture. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake for twenty minutes at 325 degrees.