NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Back To School Meals week continues with Chef Brett Reichler of Bill’s Bar & Burger cooking up something the whole family will love.
Yield: 3 Mini B’s
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
(3) 2oz patties, square (Recommended: 75/25 meat to fat)
3 slices American cheese
½ onion, chopped and caramelized
12 pickle slices
3 slider-sized hamburger buns (Recommended: Martins potato rolls)
Preheat a cast iron skillet or sauté pan, high heat. Form each 2oz patty into a ball and season outside generously with salt and pepper. Place meat into pan and flatten meat with a spatula. Allow the meat to get crispy on the exterior, about 1-2 minutes on each side. Place ketchup, mustard and pickles on bottom bun and with spatula, scrape burger off pan and flip onto bun. Top with onions and cheese and top half of bun.
Bill’s Tuscan Turkey Burgers with Vegetable Slaw
- 1 pound freshly ground turkey (50% white breast, 50% leg and thigh)
- Teaspoon Salt
- Teaspoon pepper
- Teaspoon Thyme
- Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese
- 4 Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns, seeded
- ½ Bag Shredded Carrots
- ½ Bag Shredded Broccoli
- ½ Bag Shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ½ Red Wine Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- To prepare burgers: Preheat a cast-iron skillet or sauté pan to high heat. Take 4 ounces of ground turkey and hand form it into a ball and season the outside generously with salt, pepper, thyme and crushed red pepper. Repeat for each patty.
- Place turkey patties into pan, and with spatula press the meat flat. Allow the meat to caramelize and get crispy, about two minutes. With spatula, scrap burger off pan and flip. Top burger with provolone cheese, and cook an additional 20–30 seconds.
- Place burger on toasted seeded bun and top with vegetable slaw and the condiments of your liking. We suggest mustard aioli or Chipotle mayonnaise.
- To prepare vegetable slaw: Toss shredded carrots, lettuce and broccoli with oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.