Don’t miss out on seeing your favorite artists on television this week. We have the schedule and details for you below. Set your DVR and see Taylor Swift premiere Red, Darius Rucker get officially inducted into the Opry, and Trace Adkins show us some true heroes; plus catch the new episode of Nashville, and more!
Wednesday, October 17
- The new drama, Nashville, where all of the actors do their own singing, premiered last Wednesday (Oct. 10). The series airs again on tonight at 10pm ET/9pm CT on ABC. In the pilot show, chart-topping Rayna James, played by Connie Britton, is a country superstar who’s popularity is starting to decline. Her record label thinks a concert tour opening up for Juliette Barnes, played by Hayden Panetierre, is exactly the boost her career needs. Sharing the stage with the sexy, up-and-coming pop vixen, however, is the last thing Rayna wants to do. Catch up on last weeks full episode here.
There was a great line-up of music in last week’s episode including:
“It’s My Life”
Written by Bob Dipiero and Sarah Buxton
“Stand By Your Man”
“Boys and Busses”
Written by Shane McAnally, Brand Clark and Josh Osborne
“If I Didn’t Know Better”
Written by John Paul White and Arum Rae
“Did It For The Girl”
Written by Kyle Jacobs, Ben Glover and Joy Williams
“Love Like Mine”
Written by Kelly Archer, Justin Weaver and Emily Shackleton
“Rose Colored Glasses”
“Small Town USA”
“Too Good To Be True”
“Even If It Breaks Your Heart”
Eli Young Band
“Type of Gurl”
- Noteworthy at the Opry airs a special episode this week on GAC! Darius Rucker has been inducted as the newest member of the Grand Ole Opry. After performing his hits “Alright,” “Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It” and his latest single “True Believers” Darius took questions from the audience and fielded a couple surprise questions from audience member Brad Paisley. “Are you still the worst poker player in the world,” followed by “Would you like to be the newest member of the Grand Ole Opry?” See the invite below. Check local listing to watch the broadcast.
Friday, October 19
- Trace Adkins is featured on this week’s Great American Heroes, and he travels to Atlanta, Georgia where he meets a diverse group of heroes. During this stop he talks with an 18-year-old who introduces him to a homeless shelter, a woman who mentors at-risk kids through dance, and talks with Karen Harris, the founder of Food Allergy Kids of Atlanta. Having a child with food allergies, Trace understands all too well the importance of organizations like this. This episode of Great American Heroes, airs on GAC at 1 p.m. ET. Check local listings.
Monday, October 22
- Taylor Swift is will make an appearance on Good Morning America for the official release of Red. She will return the very next day on the show for a live concert on the plaza. Check here for your local listings.
Tuesday, October 23
- Watch Good Morning America to see Taylor Swift perform a live concert on the plaza in celebration of her new album release, Red. Check here for your local listings.
- Nanci Haskin, WYCD/Detroit