Report: Man Who Died In Brooklyn Fire Had Been Smoking In Bed

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A man who was killed in a fire in Brooklyn early Saturday had been smoking in bed, according to a published report.

Around 12:30 a.m. Saturday, police responded to a call of a fire at 1360 Ocean Ave., near Avenue I, in the Midwood section of Brooklyn.

After firefighters put out the blaze, police found the 39-year-old man unresponsive and severely injured. He was pronounced dead at Kings County Hospital Center, police said.

The New York Post reported the man accidentally started the fire while smoking in bed.

It took 60 firefighters to put out the blaze over a period of 45 minutes, the Post reported.

Do you think people should be warned against smoking in bed? Leave your comments below…

Comments

More From CBS New York

CAMPAIGN 2016
WCBS 880 Small Business Breakfast

Listen Live