NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — You don’t need to wait until the New Year to improve your diet. Each day this week we’ll showcase a superfood to get you on the path to healthier eating.
Chef Anthony Pino of Bin 14, The Dining Room at Anthony David’s and AD Catering, stopped by the CBS 2 studios to show us the benefits of kale with a simple yet tasty recipe.
Dinosaur Kale Caesar Salad:
Serves 4 guests
2 Bunch Dinosaur Kale
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan
1 tsp chopped Garlic
10 oz Olive Oil
1 Loaf Brioche Bread
Shaved Pecorino Romano(For Garnish)
1. Clean and wash dinosaur kale (removing any big ribs)
2. Soak cleaned dinosaur kale in lemon water for a few minutes, remove, and dry
1. Combine juice of 1 lemon, Worcestershire Sauce, Dijon Mustard, Garlic and Parmesan in blender.
2. While blender is running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
3. Season with a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper.
1. Preheat oven to 300 Degrees
2. Remove crust from brioche bread and cut into small squares (1 inch by 1 inch)
3. Toss with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Lay on sheet tray and bake until golden brown and crispy, rotating every few minutes until done.
1. Toss dinosaur kale with a small amount of dressing
2. Top with croutons, fresh cracked black pepper, and a little bit of shaved pecorino.