2 In The Kitchen: Peanut Butter & Chocolate Pancakes
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Chef Robert Patterson of Pepper Jack Grill in Staten Island stopped by the CBS 2 studios to cook up a chocolate lover’s dream breakfast.
For more information on the Pepper Jack Grill, click here.
Pepper Jack Grill
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Pancakes
(PB & C Flap Jacks)
Ingredients:(makes 5 pancakes)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted margarine
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3 packages of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Hersey’s chocolate syrup
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Sauce
1. In a medium bowl, add milk, egg & margarine and whisk until well blended
2. In another medium bowl combine the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda & salt. Mix well.
3. Add the Liquid mixture to the dry and whisk until ingredients moisten (batter may stay slightly lumpy)
4. Pour 1/4 cup of batter on the heated medlow skillet. Flip once when batter is set around the edges, than cook through.
5. chop up peanut butter cups into small pieces. Heat peanut butter sauce to a pourable consistency. Top chocolate pancakes with peanut butter cup crumbles, drizzle chocolate syrup & warm peanut butter sauce over the top with whip cream.
Dirty Bacon (aka: PJ’s pig candy)
- 1 cup of melting milk chocolate
- 1 package of thick sliced bacon.
1. cook off bacon to crisp consistency and let cool on paper towel to absorb excess bacon grease.
2. Melt chocolate & drizzle over 3/4 of the slice of bacon. Set bacon on wax paper for chocolate to set & serve at room temperature.