2 In The Kitchen: The $2013 Dinner (For Much, Much Less)
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – What do you do for Valentines Day if your significant other has it all already? What about a dinner that cost $2013? One Manhattan restaurant has it in their menu, and we’re learning how to make it! Chef Silverio Chavez of Bice stopped by the CBS 2 studios to show us how. The $2013 includes a four-course meal with appetizer, lobster pasta, entree and dessert. Chef Silverio made the pasta portion.
For more information on Bice, click here.
Tagliolini Con Aragosta, Pomodoro Fresco E Funghi Misti
- 8.8 oz. Fresh Tagliolini Pasta
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Peeled and sliced Garlic Clove
- 3 Seeded and Diced Plum Tomatoes
- 2 lbs. Lobster, cooked and cut into Morsels
- 2 cups of ¼” Sliced Exotic Mushrooms (Shitake, Button, & Oyster)
- ¼ cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Lobster Bisque (Can use canned, or leftover from a prior dinner)
- 1 Tbs. each, Chopped Parsley & Basil
- ¼ cup Parmiggiano Reggiano Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- .8 Ounces of Fresh Shaved Black Truffle
- In a very hot pan, sauté mushrooms in 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil with salt and pepper, until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Gently sauté garlic in 1 Tbs. Olive Oil, until lightly golden brown.
- Add Tomato Sauce and Lobster Bisque, Reduce by 1/3.
- Add Lobster, Mushroom, and Tomato. Toss in pan to evenly coat in sauce.
- Add Herbs, Cheese and Seasoning to taste.
- Add Pasta cooked per package directions, and with leftover Olive Oil.