NEW YORK (WLNY) — Whether you’re married or single, everyone wants to feel their flirtiest on this day of love.
Flirting and communications expert Rachel DeAlto has her top tips to help you feel your flirtiest this Valentine’s Day.
Rachel is also the Founder and CEO of FlipMe Flirting Cards, which was developed to bring flirting back to the real world and empower women to get in touch with their sassy side.
1. Attached, and still have done nothing to prepare and no plans? It’s not to late. Stop on your way home, pick up a bottle of wine, some chocolate covered strawberries and Scrabble. Yes, Scrabble, but you are going to play Sexy Scrabble. The words you spell have to describe your feelings for your partner or your fantasy ;)
2. Really looking to spice it up? Send your partner a hotel key. Drop it at the front desk where they work or leave it on the counter with instructions where to meet you. (Wine and strawberries works here too). It’s not too late to put it together – just make sure the grandparents can watch the kids.
3. Create an experience – Not today, but start dropping the hints now. Book a weekend getaway and buy gifts that are clues to the answer. You can book any vacation in minutes online, and the clues don’t have to be expensive or hard to find. (I.e. a beach vacation’s clues could be flip flops, a beach towel, and pina colada mix)
4. Get competitive – Increase your dopamine levels by doing something new that pits you against each other in a playful way. Go play racquetball or go bowling to play on your competitive natures. (Wine and strawberries after)
1. Commit to love. Literally. Make a commitment that your love life will receive as much attention as your Facebook account. Half the battle is in your head, and mentally opening yourself up to meeting people and dating can change everything.
2. Go out. there are TONS of events on Valentine’s Day specifically for singles looking to get out. Grab a single friend and get out there.
3. Make more friends. Focus on friend building tonight and throughout the foreseeable future. Friends are the key to the castle when it comes to dating. They boost your confidence, and can even lead you to your soulmate. Never ever underestimate the power of friendship. So go out without the “I need to find someone” mindset, have fun, make friends, and enjoy the results.
4. Love you. Being single on Valentines can bring some people down, so spend the day on you – Confidence is the biggest asset when it comes to flirting and dating. Spend the day focus on improving yours. Make a list of (at least) 10 things about you that are awesome. Write yourself a mantra. Work on loving you.