SOUTH ORANGE, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Prosecutors have charged the man they said is responsible for making a bomb threat against Seton Hall University’s South Orange campus last Thursday.
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray and South Orange Police Chief James Chelel announced an arrest warrant was issued for Dennis Mamrosz, 24, of Yonkers. Mamrosz is currently in Westchester County jail on unrelated charges.
A tipster alerted authorities that Mamrosz was behind the phony threat posted on social media, prosecutors said.
The South Orange campus was locked down for hours last week as the threat was investigated. No bombs or explosives were found.
Mamrosz was to face extradition to South Orange at the completion of his unrelated charges, according to authorities. He was not jailed at the time of the threat last week, officials said.
Mamrosz was charged with making third-degree terrorist threats and had his bail set at $20,000.
He was a student at Seton Hall until 2010 and did not graduate, officials said.
The investigation is ongoing.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- Garden City Mom Says 13-Year-Old Son Developed Eating Disorder After Months Of Bullying
- On Day Of 91-Year-Old Home Invasion Victim’s Funeral, Person Of Interest In Custody
- Trump Praises Senate Passage Of GOP Budget Resolution
- Alleged Driver Arrested In Jersey City Hit-And-Run Crash That Left 2 Teens Dead