CBS2-Header-Logo WFAN 1010WINS WCBS tiny WLNYLogo
Commuter Alert: Disruptions Remain Along 7 Train Line Following Earlier FireĀ | MTA


Second Child Comes Forward With Abuse Allegations Against S.I. Camp Counselor

Endrick Torres, 33, Was Rearrested On Monday Afternoon
A second child has come forward with abuse allegations against Staten Island camp counselor Endrick Torres (Credit Handout)

A second child has come forward with abuse allegations against Staten Island camp counselor Endrick Torres (Credit Handout)


From our newsroom to your inbox weekday mornings at 9AM.
Sign Up

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Another child has made accusations of sexual abuse against a Staten Island camp counselor, according to authorities.

Endrick Torres, 33, of Queens, allegedly abused the second girl between July and August, The Staten Island Advance reported on Monday.

Torres allegedly targeted a young girl who tended to get cold during trips to a movie theater, according to a published report. The girl would bring a blanket with her to stay warm and Torres would place his hands underneath the blanket to molest her, the report said.

The girl initially opened up to her sister about the alleged abuse and then her mother after reports of Torres’ arrest landed in the media, The paper said.

On Monday, Torres was charged with two counts each of sex abuse, forcible touching, and endangering the welfare of a child, according to authorities.

Earlier this month Torres was charged with sexual abuse in the first degree, forcible touching and endangering the welfare of a child.

According to law enforcement sources, Torres, a counselor with traveling camp “Big Bird’s Playhouse,” was riding on a bus with campers on Aug. 13.

While stuck in traffic en route to a park on Staten Island, Torres, known as “Mr. E” to campers, asked a girl to move her seat and sat next to the alleged victim, aged 10, according to law enforcement sources.

He then forcibly touched the girl’s vagina and buttocks and then placed her hand on his penis, according to a criminal complaint.

The girl then mouthed “help me” to her friend, sources said.

The alleged victim later informed her mother of the incident. She then notified police.

Torres was originally arrested on Aug. 14 and arraigned. He was released on $15,000 bond. He was rearrested on Monday with bail set at $35,000, according to the report.

You May Also Be Interested In These Stories