Cooking On The Couch: Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
NEW YORK (WLNY) — John Elliott, along with guest hosts Jodi Applegate and Chrissy Teigen, were joined by a celebrity chef who showed us how to make Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
Chef Roble Ali is a reality television star and one of New York’s hottest chefs. For more from Chef Roble, follow him on Twitter: @ChefRoble.
Find the recipe below:
Roblé’s Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
• 1 lb- Thinly sliced chicken breast cutlets
• 8 ea- Bibb lettuce leaves, washed and dried
For Chicken Marinade:
• ½ C- Coconut milk
• ½ Tbsp- Ginger, grated fine
• ½ tsp- Lemon Grass, grated or chopped very fine
• ½ tsp- Garlic, grated fine
• ¾ tsp- Ground Cumin
• ¾ tsp- Ground Coriander
• 2 tsp- Soy Sauce
• ½ tsp- Thai Hot Sauce
• 1 tsp- Honey
For the Vegetable Accompaniment:
• 1 ea- Medium Carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
• ½ – Celery stalk, cut into thin half moons
• 2 ea- Scallions, chopped into thin rings
• ¼ – Mango, peeled and cut into batons
• 8 ea- Mint leaves, hand ripped
• ¼ – Roasted Peanuts, roughly chopped
• 1 Tbsp- Soy Sauce
• Juice of half a lime
Add all ingredients for the chicken marinade in a bowl and mix together. Place chicken in zip top bag and add the marinade. Allow to marinate refrigerated for at least two hours, best over night.
Heat grill or grill pan to medium high. Remove the chicken from the marinade and allow the excess liquid to run off. Grill the chicken on both sides until cooked through. Because the chicken is so thin it will only take about two minutes on each side. Just to be sure cut open a piece to check for doneness. Allow the cooked chicken to cool down to just warm on a plate.
When ready to serve, slice the chicken into thin strips and place evenly on the lettuce cups.
Take all ingredients for the vegetable accompaniment, except the mint and place into a medium bowl. Dress with the soy sauce and fresh lime juice. Distribute the dressed vegetables on top of the chicken and finish with fresh mint.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories: