Costly Pre-Sandy Decision Pinned On Mid-Level Management At NJ Transit
TRENTON, N.J.(CBSNewYork) — A costly decision made in the hours leading up to Superstorm Sandy has been pinned on a mid-level manager at NJ Transit.
A move that placed rail cars in low lying spots in Kearny and Hoboken resulted in more than $120-million in damage when surging flood waters filled the rail yards, The Bergen Record reported.
Governor Christie spoke with the paper’s editorial board earlier this week and said that the move had not been vetted all the way up the chain.
The paper uncovered a chain of emails regarding the movement, one of which NJ Transit Executive Jim Weinstein confirmed receipt of, WCBS 880′s Jim Smith reported.
But, the Sierra Club’s Jeff Tittel isn’t buying it.
“Instead of being like Harry Truman where the buck stops here. It seems that the governor keeps passing the buck and coming up with new stories,” Tittle said.
WCBS 880 had not received a response from NJ Transit on Saturday. The governor’s spokesman said that the employee had been disciplined.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- Report: Deal Reached In Lawsuit Between Jets, Giants And Meadowlands Mall Developer
- Passengers Sound Off On Twitter As Amtrak Train Stalls In Connecticut
- Mega Millions Jackpot Has Millionaire Hopefuls Lining Up For A Chance To Win
- Real Estate Agent Accused Of Affair At Client’s Home Countersuing Over Tapes