VIDEO: Legendary NY Athletes Name Top 10 Highlights At MSG On ‘Late Show’
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Happen to catch the “Late Show with David Letterman” on Monday night?
Well if you didn’t, and you’re a New York sports fan, then you missed a rather fantastic moment.
For the “Late Show Top Ten List,” 10 legendary New York athletes — all of whom provided memorable moments at Madison Square Garden — rattled off their “Top Ten career highlights at Madison Square Garden.”
It’s worth checking out.
Here’s a quick recap of the top moments:
10) Basketball Hall of Famer Clyde Frazier: “Dishing and swishing, swooping and hooping and a bunch of other rhyming crap.”
9) Hockey Hall of Famer Rod Gilbert: “One time after a game there was an extra puck, so the coach let me keep it.”
8) Two-time NBA All-Star Larry Johnson: “The day I finally learned Knicks was short for Knickerbockers.”
7) Rangers legend Adam Graves: “It’s a tie: winning the Stanley Cup in 1994 and “Disney On Ice.'”
6) Knicks legend John Starks: “Being featured on the Kiss Cam with Jeff Van Gundy.”
5) Former boxer Gerry Cooney: “I once knocked a guy out using nothing but sarcasm.”
4) Basketball Hall of Famer Bill Bradley: “The night I made 10 free throws and won a stuffed Kangaroo.”
3) Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist: “Teaching the fans to curse in Swedish.”
2) Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony: “Last season, I led the NBA in scoring and tattoos.”
1) Four-time U.S. Open champion John McEnroe: “The ‘Jonas Brothers’ are splitting up?! I never would have done this lousy show if I had known about the ‘Jonas Brothers.'”
Which line was your favorite? Let us know in the comments section below.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories