NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The old adage is “Music soothed the savage breast.”
Turns out it might be pretty good for pain management too.
Among 16-24 year olds suffering with persistent pain, 66 percent said listening to music helped.
The top five songs to relax to were:
- “Bridge Over Troubled Water,” Simon and Garfunkel
- “Angels,” Robbie Williams
- “Albatross,” Fleetwood Mac
- “Candle In The Wind,” Elton John
- “Easy,” The Commodores
The most popular genres folks listened to in order to ease their pain were pop, classical and rock or indie.
The study of 1,500 people was commissioned by LloydsPharmacy in the United Kingdom.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- 2 Ulster County Girls Rescued After Being Held Prisoner In Brooklyn, Police Say
- Limits On Deliveries, Crackdown On Blocking Intersections Among Highlights Of De Blasio Traffic Congestion Plan
- FDNY: Angry Driver Assaults Fire Dept. Member In Fire Truck After Hell’s Kitchen Crash
- Police: Knife-Wielding Man Shot By Officers In Hamilton Heights; Had Already Stabbed Himself