NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The old adage is “Music soothed the savage breast.”
Turns out it might be pretty good for pain management too.
Among 16-24 year olds suffering with persistent pain, 66 percent said listening to music helped.
The top five songs to relax to were:
- “Bridge Over Troubled Water,” Simon and Garfunkel
- “Angels,” Robbie Williams
- “Albatross,” Fleetwood Mac
- “Candle In The Wind,” Elton John
- “Easy,” The Commodores
The most popular genres folks listened to in order to ease their pain were pop, classical and rock or indie.
The study of 1,500 people was commissioned by LloydsPharmacy in the United Kingdom.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Hidden Hospital Costs Leave Some Patients With Sticker Shock
- Ceiling Collapse In Bronx Public Housing Leaves Toddler Covered In Debris, Family Furious
- Suspect Arrested In 2012 Murder Of 89-Year-Old Man Found Handcuffed Inside Corona Home
- Exclusive Video: Man Rips ATM From Queens Gas Station, Loads It Into Vehicle