NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The old adage is “Music soothed the savage breast.”
Turns out it might be pretty good for pain management too.
Among 16-24 year olds suffering with persistent pain, 66 percent said listening to music helped.
The top five songs to relax to were:
- “Bridge Over Troubled Water,” Simon and Garfunkel
- “Angels,” Robbie Williams
- “Albatross,” Fleetwood Mac
- “Candle In The Wind,” Elton John
- “Easy,” The Commodores
The most popular genres folks listened to in order to ease their pain were pop, classical and rock or indie.
The study of 1,500 people was commissioned by LloydsPharmacy in the United Kingdom.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Con Edison Steam Release Causes Loud “Explosion” Sounds On Upper East Side
- Shia LaBeouf, Group Repeat ‘He Will Not Divide Us’ Before Live Cam Outside Museum Of Moving Image
- Bronx Zoo Again Invites Public To Name A Cockroach For Someone For Valentine’s Day
- Woman Accused Of Dragging Girl, 6, Out Of Tax Prep Office In Freeport