Study Finds Music Can Help Ease Pain
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The old adage is “Music soothed the savage breast.”
Turns out it might be pretty good for pain management too.
Among 16-24 year olds suffering with persistent pain, 66 percent said listening to music helped.
The top five songs to relax to were:
- “Bridge Over Troubled Water,” Simon and Garfunkel
- “Angels,” Robbie Williams
- “Albatross,” Fleetwood Mac
- “Candle In The Wind,” Elton John
- “Easy,” The Commodores
The most popular genres folks listened to in order to ease their pain were pop, classical and rock or indie.
The study of 1,500 people was commissioned by LloydsPharmacy in the United Kingdom.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Charter School Supporters Hold Large Rally In Foley Square
- Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy Unveils Plan To Pay For Walk Bridge Replacement
- Authorities: Man Charged With Animal Cruelty After Dog Forced From Car On Garden State Parkway
- Superintendent Calls Death Of Long Island High School Football Player ‘Freak Accident’