NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The old adage is “Music soothed the savage breast.”
Turns out it might be pretty good for pain management too.
Among 16-24 year olds suffering with persistent pain, 66 percent said listening to music helped.
The top five songs to relax to were:
- “Bridge Over Troubled Water,” Simon and Garfunkel
- “Angels,” Robbie Williams
- “Albatross,” Fleetwood Mac
- “Candle In The Wind,” Elton John
- “Easy,” The Commodores
The most popular genres folks listened to in order to ease their pain were pop, classical and rock or indie.
The study of 1,500 people was commissioned by LloydsPharmacy in the United Kingdom.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Seen At 11: Loophole Allows Motorists To Drive High In New York State — Legally
- Tri-State Parents On High Alert After Flu Claims Life Of Connecticut Boy
- Bronx Men Arrested In Hit-And-Run Of NYPD Officer In Times Square
- Defense For West Side Terror Suspect Offers Guilty Plea In Exchange For Sparing His Life