Alec Baldwin Says He May Leave Show Business After Recent Media Encounters
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Alec Baldwin said he may leave show business because of his flare-ups with the media.
The actor, who was suspended from his cable talk show last week, spoke out in a Huffington Post article, published Saturday morning.
In the article, Baldwin also apologized for using a homophobic slur against a member of the paparazzi.
“This country’s obsession with the private lives of famous people is tragic,” Baldwin said in the article.
His new weekly MSNBC talk show was suspended for two episodes after the actor was videotaped using an anti-gay epithet against a photographer during a New York street encounter.
The cable channel didn’t specify the reason it yanked Friday night’s “Up Late with Alec Baldwin” from its schedule this week and next, but the decision came the day after the Thursday run-in.
In a statement on MSNBC website, Baldwin wrote that he “did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have — and for that I am deeply sorry.”
Last week after testifying at the trial of his now-convicted stalker, Baldwin snapped at a photographer.
“What job did you want to do that you failed at, that you’re doing this job?” Baldwin snapped at a CBS 2 photographer as he drove away.
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com: