NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — New Rochelle High School was briefly evacuated Monday morning after the school received a threatening phone call.
Around 7:33 a.m., the school received a call to “get everyone out of the building by 8 a.m.,” Associate Superintendent of Schools Dr. Diane Massimo said in a statement on the district’s website.
Police were called and everyone inside the building was evacuated as a precaution before 8 a.m., Massimo said.
Authorities searched the building and by about 9:30 a.m., the school was declared safe and students and staff were allowed to return, Massimo said.
This is the second time the school has been evacuated in recent weeks due to a threat being called into the school.
Last month, someone called in two threats to the principal and assistant principal’s offices, school officials said.
The exact details of those calls were unclear, but officials said they threatened the safety of the adults and students in the building.
For more information, visit the school district’s website at www.nred.org.
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
- Expert: Railroads ‘Didn’t Think It Was An Important Issue’ To Implement Positive Train Control
- LI Volunteer Firefighter On Way Home From Husband’s Funeral Helps Rescue Crash Victim
- 1 Dead, More Than 100 Hurt After NJ TRANSIT Train Crashes At Station In Hoboken
- ‘It Simply Did Not Stop’: Witnesses Describe Chaos After NJ TRANSIT Crash In Hoboken