NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A video has gone viral after a Long Island man recorded a police officer who threatened to ticket him if he washed his car in the driveway.
As WCBS 880’s Sophia Hall reported Friday, the incident happened on Hawthorne Road in Garden City.
The 24-year-old said he was washing his 1997 Volkswagen in his driveway when a police officer told him he wasn’t allowed to do that.
“What is that? Doing any kind of work here or any kind of detailing, like washing the car — things like that you are not allowed to do,” the police officer said.
The officer said although the car wasn’t going to be washed in the street, which is illegal, washing it in the driveway would still be in the public’s view, Hall reported. No one received a ticket during the ordeal and The Garden City Police Department had no comment about the incident.
WATCH THE VIDEO:
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
- Investigators Making Progress In Probe Of Brentwood Killings, Police Chief Says
- NYPD: Woman Tries To Rob 90-Year-Old In Greenwich Village
- Stamford, Conn. Sets Up New Gun Stoppers Program
- Man In Custody After Bronx House Explosion That Killed FDNY Battalion Chief
- Young Charlotte Girl Chokes Back Tears At City Council Meeting
- Off-Duty Suffolk Officer Charged In Wrong-Way Crash That Left Man Dead On Sunrise Highway