Video Goes Viral After Garden City Cop Threatens To Ticket Man Washing Car In Own Driveway
To fuel your love of cars,
visit the Autos section.
TRI-STATE NEWS HEADLINES
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A video has gone viral after a Long Island man recorded a police officer who threatened to ticket him if he washed his car in the driveway.
As WCBS 880′s Sophia Hall reported Friday, the incident happened on Hawthorne Road in Garden City.
The 24-year-old said he was washing his 1997 Volkswagen in his driveway when a police officer told him he wasn’t allowed to do that.
“What is that? Doing any kind of work here or any kind of detailing, like washing the car — things like that you are not allowed to do,” the police officer said.
The officer said although the car wasn’t going to be washed in the street, which is illegal, washing it in the driveway would still be in the public’s view, Hall reported. No one received a ticket during the ordeal and The Garden City Police Department had no comment about the incident.
WATCH THE VIDEO:
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
- NYPD Creating ‘New Ways To Communicate’ After Twitter Request Backfires
- David Letterman Urges Stephen Colbert To Shake Up ‘Late Show’
- Giants Punter Steve Weatherford Agrees To Go To Prom With Bayonne Teen
- Undercover Police Officer Shot During Drug Sting In Parking Lot Of Garfield Shopping Center
- De Blasio: Ambulance Delay In Queens Fire That Killed Kids ‘Not Acceptable’
- Art Taken In Brooklyn Gallery Heist Returned To Rightful Owner