NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A video has gone viral after a Long Island man recorded a police officer who threatened to ticket him if he washed his car in the driveway.
As WCBS 880’s Sophia Hall reported Friday, the incident happened on Hawthorne Road in Garden City.
The 24-year-old said he was washing his 1997 Volkswagen in his driveway when a police officer told him he wasn’t allowed to do that.
“What is that? Doing any kind of work here or any kind of detailing, like washing the car — things like that you are not allowed to do,” the police officer said.
The officer said although the car wasn’t going to be washed in the street, which is illegal, washing it in the driveway would still be in the public’s view, Hall reported. No one received a ticket during the ordeal and The Garden City Police Department had no comment about the incident.
WATCH THE VIDEO:
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
- Police Search For Duo Who Attacked Woman In Front Of Her Kids
- De Blasio Calls Steam Burn Deaths Of Bronx Toddlers ‘Freak Accident,’ Vows ‘Rigorous’ Investigation
- Hunter College Students Conduct Study To See If Chivalry Is Dead On The Subway
- Crowds Gather At Jackie Robinson Park For Glimpse Of Deer Hanging Out In Harlem
- John Glenn, Former NASA Astronaut & Ohio Senator, Dead At Age 95
- While At Work, Staten Island Woman Watches Thief Steal Christmas Presents On Video