NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A video has gone viral after a Long Island man recorded a police officer who threatened to ticket him if he washed his car in the driveway.
As WCBS 880’s Sophia Hall reported Friday, the incident happened on Hawthorne Road in Garden City.
The 24-year-old said he was washing his 1997 Volkswagen in his driveway when a police officer told him he wasn’t allowed to do that.
“What is that? Doing any kind of work here or any kind of detailing, like washing the car — things like that you are not allowed to do,” the police officer said.
The officer said although the car wasn’t going to be washed in the street, which is illegal, washing it in the driveway would still be in the public’s view, Hall reported. No one received a ticket during the ordeal and The Garden City Police Department had no comment about the incident.
WATCH THE VIDEO:
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
- Storms And Tides Converge To Turn Coastal Communities Into Flooded Mess
- Victory For Outsiders In New Hampshire As Sanders, Trump Win Primaries; Kasich Second For GOP
- Bernie Sanders: ‘When We Stand Together, We Win’
- Chris Christie Heading Back To New Jersey To Take Stock Of Campaign Following Poor Primary Showing
- Donald Trump: ‘We Are Going To Make America… Maybe Greater Than Ever Before’
- Trump’s Victory Party Hits Capacity, Fire Marshal Won’t Let Any More Supporters In