Police Hope ‘Selfies’ Taken With Stolen Phone Lead To Harlem Robbery Suspects
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Police have released “selfies” of two men wanted in connection with a string of muggings in Harlem.
The suspects took pictures of themselves with a cellphone that they stole from an 18-year-old man walking near West 117th Street in September, police said.
Police obtained the pictures after they automatically uploaded to the victim’s photo-sharing account, the NYPD said.
Police believe the duo is responsible for three other robberies in which they got away with cellphones, money and a MetroCard between July and September.
All of the victims were men between the ages of 17 and 55. No injuries were reported in any of the incidents.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Police: Costumed Suspects Being Sought In Bronx Robbery
- Search On For Suspect In East Village Shooting
- Search Continues For Teen Suspect Wanted In Attack Of Woman On Train In Brooklyn
- Police: Couple Sought For Stealing $200K Worth Of Fur Coats From High-End Madison Avenue Stores
- NYPD Seeks 2 Men In Armed Robbery At Brooklyn Jewelry Store
- Neighborhood On Edge As Police Search For Suspect In Attempted Rape Of Elderly Woman In Lower Manhattan