NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police have released “selfies” of two men wanted in connection with a string of muggings in Harlem.
The suspects took pictures of themselves with a cellphone that they stole from an 18-year-old man walking near West 117th Street in September, police said.
Police obtained the pictures after they automatically uploaded to the victim’s photo-sharing account, the NYPD said.
Police believe the duo is responsible for three other robberies in which they got away with cellphones, money and a MetroCard between July and September.
All of the victims were men between the ages of 17 and 55. No injuries were reported in any of the incidents.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- NYPD: Men Yell Anti-Gay Slurs, Stab Man In The Bronx
- NYPD: Women Wanted For Using Stolen Credit Cards In Manhattan
- Police: Legally Blind Quadriplegic Woman Slashed In Face In East Harlem
- Suspect Takes Off After Punching Woman Walking Her Dog In Chelsea
- Police: Man Wanted For Groping Woman In Bronx Building
- Man Wanted For Stealing Construction Equipment In The Bronx