Police Hope ‘Selfies’ Taken With Stolen Phone Lead To Harlem Robbery Suspects
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Police have released “selfies” of two men wanted in connection with a string of muggings in Harlem.
The suspects took pictures of themselves with a cellphone that they stole from an 18-year-old man walking near West 117th Street in September, police said.
Police obtained the pictures after they automatically uploaded to the victim’s photo-sharing account, the NYPD said.
Police believe the duo is responsible for three other robberies in which they got away with cellphones, money and a MetroCard between July and September.
All of the victims were men between the ages of 17 and 55. No injuries were reported in any of the incidents.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- NYPD: Man Robs Taco Truck At Gunpoint On Upper West Side
- Police Search For Suspect In Possible Bias Attack In Brooklyn
- Police Search For 4 Men Wanted In Violent Brooklyn Robbery
- One Suspect Apprehended, Another At Large In Brooklyn Shooting
- Police Searching For 2 Men In Queens Synagogue Burglary
- Police: Man Steals Tray Of Engagement Rings From Midtown Jewelry Store