Police Hope ‘Selfies’ Taken With Stolen Phone Lead To Harlem Robbery Suspects
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Police have released “selfies” of two men wanted in connection with a string of muggings in Harlem.
The suspects took pictures of themselves with a cellphone that they stole from an 18-year-old man walking near West 117th Street in September, police said.
Police obtained the pictures after they automatically uploaded to the victim’s photo-sharing account, the NYPD said.
Police believe the duo is responsible for three other robberies in which they got away with cellphones, money and a MetroCard between July and September.
All of the victims were men between the ages of 17 and 55. No injuries were reported in any of the incidents.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- NYPD: Man Steals $1,000 From Blind Man In Brooklyn
- NYPD: Man Tries To Rape 59-Year-Old Woman Inside Her East Harlem Apartment
- Police: 3 Suspects Beat, Rob Woman In The Bronx
- Police: Man Attacked 2 Women In 1 Hour In Brooklyn
- NYPD: Man Snatches Chain Off 84-Year-Old Woman In The Bronx
- Police Seek Man In Groping Attack On Girl, 15, In Queens Elevator