NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police have released “selfies” of two men wanted in connection with a string of muggings in Harlem.
The suspects took pictures of themselves with a cellphone that they stole from an 18-year-old man walking near West 117th Street in September, police said.
Police obtained the pictures after they automatically uploaded to the victim’s photo-sharing account, the NYPD said.
Police believe the duo is responsible for three other robberies in which they got away with cellphones, money and a MetroCard between July and September.
All of the victims were men between the ages of 17 and 55. No injuries were reported in any of the incidents.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Police: Suspects Beat Man With Sticks, Steal His Food In The Bronx
- Burglar Makes Off With Cash In Series Of Staten Island Break-Ins
- Woman Kicked To The Ground By Pair In Lower East Side Purse Robbery
- NYPD: Man Riding ATV On Manhattan Sidewalk Bites Police Officer
- Man Bit Woman After Following Her From Brooklyn To Manhattan; Cops Say
- NYPD: Man Posing As Customer Tries To Rape Woman At Queens Spa