CBS2-Header-Logo WFAN 1010WINS WCBS tiny WLNYLogo

News

Dog Electrocuted While Walking Down Lower East Side Street

View Comments
Firefighters secure the area where a dog was electrocuted by frayed wires on Saturday. (Credit: Peter Gerber)

Firefighters secure the area where a dog was electrocuted by frayed wires on Saturday. (Credit: Peter Gerber)

TRI-STATE NEWS HEADLINES

From our newsroom to your inbox weekday mornings at 9AM.
Sign Up

NEW YORK(CBSNewYork) — Her owner never could have pictured it happening. On Saturday evening, Bella an 11-year-old pit bull mix was being walked back to her building when she began to spasm and stopped moving.

Con Ed said that the dog came into with a frayed wire on the scaffolding in front of a building.

Neighbors told 1010 WINS reporter Roger Stern that they were saddened by the dog’s death.

“I felt sad like anybody would. When you have a pet it’s like your mascot. You feel sad,” Angie Lopez said.

A good Samaritan took Bella to a nearby grocery store and tried unsuccessfully to revive her.

The dog’s owner took her to an Upper East Side animal hospital but it was too late.

Authorities cordoned off the sidewalk until workers could shut off power to the building.

You May Also Be Interested In These Stories

 

View Comments