NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — Sorry, not happening.
NBA players won’t be pulling up for a 4-point shot anytime soon.
The league denied Tuesday that any serious discussions had been held about that or expanding the court.
ESPN.com reported that president of operations Rod Thorn and vice president Kiki Vandeweghe, during an interview at All-Star weekend, said the league had discussed both possibilities.
In a statement posted on Twitter, league spokesman Tim Frank says “No one at the NBA, nor the competition committee, has had any serious conversations about increasing the size of the floor or adding a 4-point line.”
Frank adds “Rod Thorn and Kiki Vandeweghe were entertaining a line of questioning about out-of-the-box ideas and ESPN.com chose to make a story that doesn’t exist.”
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- Rangers Powerless In Big Loss To Blue Jackets
- Kurt Busch Wins Daytona 500
- Daytona 500: 59th Annual NASCAR Race Kicks Off Sunday
- MLB Union Head Says Page Turned On Yankees’ Levine Spat Over Betances
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)