NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police this week renewed their call to the public to help find a suspect who they say raped a woman last summer in a Queens park.
According to police, the attacker struck his 69-year-old victim with a stun gun — but didn’t fire — around 4:30 p.m. on Aug. 26 near Myrtle Avenue and Forest Park Road in Forest Park. He knocked her to the ground and then sexually assaulted her, police said.
Police describe the suspect as a white man 30 to 40 years years of age and standing 5-foot-9 to 5-foot-10 inches tall. He was clean shaven and wearing a black T-shirt and black sweatpants at the time of the attack.
Police have released a sketch of the suspect.
Police also believe the rape was part of a pattern going back to 2011.
On Sept. 7, 2011, at 10 a.m., a 13-year-old girl was attacked at Park Lane South and Myrtle Avenue. The suspect grabbed her, covered her mouth with his hand, threw her to the ground, and tried to take off her shorts before she found him off and fled, police said.
Around 1 p.m. on Aug. 15, 2012, at Woodhaven Boulevard and Park Lane South, a 34-year-old woman was approached from behind by a suspect who covered her mouth and fondled her, before she screamed and fled on foot, police said.
On Nov. 18, 2012 around 10 a.m., a 40-year-old woman was jogging with her dog at Park Lane South ad Myrtle Avenue when a suspect touched her with his exposed penis and fled on foot, police said.
Finally on March 29 of last year around 7:25 p.m., a 23-year-old woman was jogging in Forest Hills Park when a suspect approached her from behind, struck her with a stun gun, and sexually assaulted her. The woman was hospitalized for injuries to her neck, police said.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers hotline at 800-577-TIPS or by submitting a tip at NYPDCrimeStoppers.com. A $22,000 reward has been offered for information that leads to a conviction.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories