Cooking On The Couch: Sour Cream Pancakes
NEW YORK (WLNY) – In case you didn’t know, March 4 is National Pancake Day. To help us celebrate, Bubby’s baker Rob Valencia stopped by The Couch to show us how to make the Tribeca eatery’s signature Sour Cream Pancakes.
Bubby’s Sour Cream Pancakes
2 tablespoons sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour
5 teaspoons baking soda
2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
4 extra large eggs
1 1/2 cups sour cream
5 tablespoons unsalted butter – melted and cooled, plus more for the griddle and for brushing on the pancakes
2 3/4 cups milk
1. Combine the sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
2. Using a whisk or mixer set on medium speed, beat the eggs in a bowl for 2 minutes, or until frothy. Beat in the sour cream, butter, and milk. Stop beating as soon as the ingredients are combined.
3. Using a large spoon or rubber spatula, briskly fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture, being careful not to over mix or your pancakes. It’s okay if there are a few little lumps in the batter (At this point, you can cover the batter and refrigerate it for up to 3 hours or use it right away.)
4. Preheat a stove-top griddle or a skillet over medium heat, or an electric griddle to 400 degrees, testing to make sure it’s hot enough for a drop of water to bounce on it.
5. Lightly butter the griddle. Using a ladle, form pancakes on the griddle using 1/4 cup batter per pancake. Cook the pancakes until a few bubbles have formed on the surface of each one.
6. Flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook until golden brown on the other side. Brush the finished pancake with a little melted butter before serving.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories: