NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Colin Kaepernick is not a happy man.
A day after a report stated he was being investigated in an alleged sexual assault, the San Francisco 49ers’ starting quarterback took to Twitter to defend himself and take issue with TMZ, which initially broke the story.
On Thursday, a Miami Police Department spokesperson told CBSSports.com that police are following up on an information report that involves the 49ers’ quarterback. However, that same spokesman told MercuryNews.com to say Kaepernick has been formally accused of anything is false.
“There’s no evidence of a crime or a sexual assault. This report is simply an incident report taken at the woman’s request. There are no specific allegations of wrongdoing,” the spokesperson said, adding TMZ “took the report out of context.”
Kaepernick obviously felt the same way as he didn’t mince words on Twitter on Friday.
Kaepernick’s agent later released a statement saying, “We stand by Colin 100 percent and are fully confident that the truth will be evident once the facts come to light.”
CBSSports.com obtained a copy of the Miami police sexual assault information report. It states the following:
* A woman claims that on April 1 she went to the apartment of ex-49ers receiver Ricardo Lockette, who currently plays for the Seattle Seahawks. Kaepernick and 49ers wide receiver Quinton Patton were also at the apartment.
* The woman states that she and the three men “talked for a while and she mixed some drinks for all of them and gave them shots.” The woman states “they told her in order to drink the shots she had to ‘hit’ the bong which contained marijuana.”
* The woman states she “started to feel lightheaded and went to a bedroom to lay down.” She says she “took off her jacket and jewelry” at which point “Mr. Kaepernick came behind her into the bedroom and started kissing her.”
* She “advised that Mr. Kaepernick started to undressed [sic] her” and that “she got completely naked.”
* At that point she claims Kaepernick left the bedroom and that “they did not have sex.” At that point in time, the woman claims Patton and Lockette “peeked” into the room and she yelled “What are you doing? Where’s Colin? Get out!”
* The woman says they closed the door and left but she cannot remember anything after that. She says she woke up in a hospital bed but doesn’t know how she got there.
* The woman acknowledged a prior sexual history with Kaepernick.
The 49ers released a statement saying, “The 49ers organization is aware of the recent media report regarding Colin Kaepernick and is in the process of gathering the pertinent facts.”
Kaepernick, who led the 49ers to a Super Bowl appearance two seasons ago and to the NFC championship game last season, is in the final year of his original four-year rookie contract. Various reports have stated San Francisco wants to sign him to a long-term extension prior to training camp.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories