NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork/AP) — A judge has given New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and other defendants more time to file a response to two lawsuits related to the George Washington Bridge lane closures scandal.
Christie was among several defendants who were initially scheduled to respond to the lawsuits by Friday.
Other defendants include former Christie campaign chairman Bill Stepien, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and its former deputy executive director, Bill Baroni.
One of the lawsuits was filed by several limo and taxi companies who claim they were effected by the lane closures.
The other lawsuit was filed by several people who said the lane closures and subsequent traffic jams made them late for work.
A judge wrote last week that he must decide other issues, such as whether the two lawsuits will be consolidated, before the defendants will be required to respond.
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
- Woman Says Bank Foreclosed On Her Home Despite Making Mortgage Payments
- ‘Stand Up For The Ladies:’ Good Samaritan Stops Manspreading Subway Assault
- VIDEO: Woman Allegedly Flees Police, Flips Car On Staten Island
- ‘City Harvest’ Volunteers Pack Thousands Of Meals For New Yorkers In Need
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)