NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) —Two people on Long Island were rushed to the hospital Tuesday after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide.
Suffolk County police told 1010 WINS a woman was taken to the hospital after a fall at a commercial building on Route 109 in West Babylon.
The woman was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital and found to have high levels of carbon monoxide, police said.
That’s when authorities evacuated the building, 1010 WINS reported.
Another person was also found to have suffered carbon monoxide poisoning and was taken to the hospital as well, police said.
The scene remained active through Tuesday afternoon, with several fire departments responding.
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
- Construction Company Slaps Colored Stickers On Helmets In Bid To End Catcalling
- Experts: For Healthy Older Women Pregnancy Can Still Be A Safe Decision
- Public Advocate Claims Airbnb Enables Racial Discrimination Against Guests, Hosts
- State Sen. Todd Kaminsky Being Asked To Return $50K Donation Arranged By Person Subpoenaed In De Blasio’s Campaign Donations Probe