NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are looking for a man who they said tried to rape a 61-year-old woman in Queens last week.
The victim was walking near 71st street and 41st avenue in Woodside last Wednesday night when the suspect punched her in the face, pushed her to the ground and attempted to rape her, police said.
The victim fought back and the suspect ran north on 71st street, police said.
The woman was treated for minor injuries.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 17 years old, 5-foot-5, 165 pounds with brown eyes and short black hair, police said. He was last seen wearing a blue soccer jersey with a red stripe, dark jeans, and sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit to the Crime Stoppers website or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- WATCH: Man Throws Brick Through Glass Window In Midtown
- Cops: Man Steals Woman’s Purse, Drags Her Across The Ground In Highbridge Section Of The Bronx
- Police: Pair Of Thieves Rob Same Brooklyn Deli Two Nights In A Row
- Subway Stalker Followed Woman From Brooklyn ‘C’ Train Stop
- Police Impersonator Groped, Robbed Woman During Craigslist Meet-Up, Cops Say
- Man Wanted For Questioning In Connection With Swastikas Drawn In Marine Park