NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are looking for a man who they said tried to rape a 61-year-old woman in Queens last week.
The victim was walking near 71st street and 41st avenue in Woodside last Wednesday night when the suspect punched her in the face, pushed her to the ground and attempted to rape her, police said.
The victim fought back and the suspect ran north on 71st street, police said.
The woman was treated for minor injuries.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 17 years old, 5-foot-5, 165 pounds with brown eyes and short black hair, police said. He was last seen wearing a blue soccer jersey with a red stripe, dark jeans, and sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit to the Crime Stoppers website or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Clerk Found Shot To Death Behind Counter Inside Queens Bodega
- Suspects Impersonated Cops, Sprayed Victims In Series Of Robberies, Police Say
- Men Used Key To Open Locked Cases In Robberies At Manhattan Duane Reade Stores, Cops Say
- Police: Suspects Fled After Failed Attempt At Push-In Robbery In The Bronx
- NYPD: Man Tries To Rape Woman Inside Staten Island Church Bathroom
- Straphanger Beat With Cane Inside Mezzanine At Queens Subway Stop