NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are looking for a man who they said tried to rape a 61-year-old woman in Queens last week.
The victim was walking near 71st street and 41st avenue in Woodside last Wednesday night when the suspect punched her in the face, pushed her to the ground and attempted to rape her, police said.
The victim fought back and the suspect ran north on 71st street, police said.
The woman was treated for minor injuries.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 17 years old, 5-foot-5, 165 pounds with brown eyes and short black hair, police said. He was last seen wearing a blue soccer jersey with a red stripe, dark jeans, and sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit to the Crime Stoppers website or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Police: Suspects Beat Man In The Face With Unknown Object On Midtown Street
- Cops: Men Beat Driver, Threatened Him With Gun In Bronx Livery Cab Robbery
- NYPD: Woman Attacks 12-Year-Old Boy With His Own Hockey Stick In Staten Island Park
- Cops: Men Stopped Group Of Boys In Central Park, Stole Their Cell Phones
- Police: Man Gropes Woman Walking On Street In Brooklyn
- Cops: 7-Train Groper Fled At ‘61st Street-Woodside’ Stop After Confrontation With Victim