NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are looking for a man who they said tried to rape a 61-year-old woman in Queens last week.
The victim was walking near 71st street and 41st avenue in Woodside last Wednesday night when the suspect punched her in the face, pushed her to the ground and attempted to rape her, police said.
The victim fought back and the suspect ran north on 71st street, police said.
The woman was treated for minor injuries.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 17 years old, 5-foot-5, 165 pounds with brown eyes and short black hair, police said. He was last seen wearing a blue soccer jersey with a red stripe, dark jeans, and sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit to the Crime Stoppers website or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Burglar Makes Off With Cash In Series Of Staten Island Break-Ins
- Woman Kicked To The Ground By Pair In Lower East Side Purse Robbery
- NYPD: Man Riding ATV On Manhattan Sidewalk Bites Police Officer
- Man Bit Woman After Following Her From Brooklyn To Manhattan; Cops Say
- NYPD: Man Posing As Customer Tries To Rape Woman At Queens Spa
- NYPD: Would-Be Rapist Attacks Woman Getting Into Her Car In The Bronx