Police: Man Tries To Rape 61-Year-Old Woman In Queens
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are looking for a man who they said tried to rape a 61-year-old woman in Queens last week.
The victim was walking near 71st street and 41st avenue in Woodside last Wednesday night when the suspect punched her in the face, pushed her to the ground and attempted to rape her, police said.
The victim fought back and the suspect ran north on 71st street, police said.
The woman was treated for minor injuries.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 17 years old, 5-foot-5, 165 pounds with brown eyes and short black hair, police said. He was last seen wearing a blue soccer jersey with a red stripe, dark jeans, and sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit to the Crime Stoppers website or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Police Search For 7 Suspects In Massive Brawl At Bronx Deli
- Search Continues For Suspect Accused Of Raping 12-Year-Old Girl In The Bronx
- Housekeeper Claims She Was Tortured By Queens Couple Over Alleged Theft
- Police: Man Steals Purse From 84-Year-Old Woman On upper East Side
- NYPD: Man Snatches Purse From Woman Outside Bronx Supermarket
- Cops: Elderly Man Found Unconscious At Coney Island Subway Stop