NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are looking for a man who they said tried to rape a 61-year-old woman in Queens last week.
The victim was walking near 71st street and 41st avenue in Woodside last Wednesday night when the suspect punched her in the face, pushed her to the ground and attempted to rape her, police said.
The victim fought back and the suspect ran north on 71st street, police said.
The woman was treated for minor injuries.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 17 years old, 5-foot-5, 165 pounds with brown eyes and short black hair, police said. He was last seen wearing a blue soccer jersey with a red stripe, dark jeans, and sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit to the Crime Stoppers website or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Burglar Bypasses Bronzer, Makes Off With Makeup Store Cash Register
- Knife-Wielding Mugger Terrorizes Women In Queens
- Messages Of Hate Left On Upper East Side Businesses
- Men Caught On Camera Stealing $1,400 From Woman’s Bank Account
- NYPD: Man Makes Anti-White Remark, Throws Liquid In 13-Year-Old Girl’s Face In Queens
- Man Robbed As He Slept By Woman He Met At Midtown Bar; Cops